anyone live on long island?

long island red

Oct 15, 2006
long island
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro,Garrett Ace 250,
I find about the same amount on both shores. My scoop does take a beating with the rocks on the north shore. Jones beach is dynamite if you follow the tides and catch the lows. Low tide on a calm day at some of the north shore beaches is great no waves. Dont forget to pick up your permit to work the beaches. You can get one at belmont state park on the southern state parkway. Good luck.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
;D why Don't we meet for Coffee some time it on me... :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: (coin finder)

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MASSAPEQUA. Love hitting the south shore beaches, mostly clad, but I don't care. I found a mans gold ring with Diamonds last week. My best find yet.

mramsoil

Mar 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i w/ Sunray DX1, D2, 6x9, & Detech 13" coils, BH300, Surfmaster Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oakdale here. Baseball fields have been very productive for me :thumbsup:

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Hey Zags,you the guy that has been taking all the Western and Eastern Treasures out of the Northport Library? :D

zags08

May 31, 2009
haha not that i know of... i just moved to this area from jersey and i want to start hunting.. i just dont know where to begin, any advice? im looking for more colonial era and revo era relics, im a ss teacher and would love artifacts to go with my lessons!!!

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just curious to see what everyone's age is here on the Island. I'm only 29 and it seems I get funny looks from everybody when I am out MDing. Stereotypically, people expect retired hunters hitting the beaches. My wife even makes fun of me. I've been doing this for a few years now.

zags08

May 31, 2009
im 30 and new to the hobby. I borrowed a friends decteor over the summer and got a few really cool coins, 1850 half dime and 1809 half cent, plus a lot of clad. What have you guys found so far? What type of areas do you particular look in and hunt for?

arnoldziffel

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
zags08 said:
im 30 and new to the hobby. I borrowed a friends decteor over the summer and got a few really cool coins, 1850 half dime and 1809 half cent, plus a lot of clad. What have you guys found so far? What type of areas do you particular look in and hunt for?
i haven't found anything super historic yet. i have found some clad, and i found a cache of coins (about $3.50) buried on a school playground. i've been down to the beach a few times and some tot lots. I'm waiting for the warmer weather to come. the ground being frozen has limited my sites.

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been detecting on and off about 3-4 years now. I just picked it up again and have only been out a few times this year. In the past I've picked up a ton of clad, a few older coins (standing liberty quarters, v nickels, mercs and rosies. One gold chain with cross and no silver yet this season, but i'll be out 3-4 times a week once the weather gets warmer. I usually hit tot lots/parks and beaches. Have a few places of historical value that I plan on checking out the minute the snow melts. Hope to get more 1800s coins. Went out the beach today for a few hours...got a ton of garbage/pulltabs and about $3 in clad. to

rydiggaahh

Mar 21, 2007
LI new york
I see some posts about finds so i though i would share my best find. 1723 half penny. had to clean it to identify it :-[. i doubt i will ever top that one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread