Anyone need a roll of 1999 D Kennedy Halves?

silas1128

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some guy on ebay managed to sell two roll of them each for like $17 and another roll was bid to $24.51?!?! so maybe??

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugh I dumped those 2 boxes and picked up 2more today....all 1999 and 2000. I dont have the time or desire to sell these roll by roll and maybe make $2 a roll. Problem is they arent truly uncirculated, they have been machine wrapped.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ugh I dumped those 2 boxes and picked up 2more today....all 1999 and 2000. I dont have the time or desire to sell these roll by roll and maybe make $2 a roll. Problem is they arent truly uncirculated, they have been machine wrapped.

You're exactly right, even if they look great they were still touched by human hands and put through a commercial sorter / roller. You made a good choice.
HH

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny you just posted on here, I picked up 2 more today and 2 more boxes of 99 and 00, I talked to my bank and they said a ton of people lately are asking for them. Do you guys think that the couriers are having to order more halves or dig deeper into their vaults? Have these halves been sitting there for 13/14 years and only now getting sent out to circulate?

This is a discouraging turn of events, hopefully it is just this one shipment that was like this. Anyone else have this happen recently?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny you just posted on here, I picked up 2 more today and 2 more boxes of 99 and 00, I talked to my bank and they said a ton of people lately are asking for them. Do you guys think that the couriers are having to order more halves or dig deeper into their vaults? Have these halves been sitting there for 13/14 years and only now getting sent out to circulate?

Yes

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
want to build a complete set of boxes from 1994-2001? I'll start shipping them your way. haha. Repeatedly getting full boxes of the exact same year (plus getting rewraps) caused me to leave the hobby for 3 months. I just do nickels and pennies for now. no money in it, but dumping is easy and no $ tied up in coins. Also, I know I'm in the minority.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

This is a discouraging turn of events, hopefully it is just this one shipment that was like this. Anyone else have this happen recently?

Last month I had an order of 10 boxes of halves that did not have even 1 half newer than 1996. And I found a ton of Ag, mostly 40%ers. There has to be some circumstances where they get the coin from the back of a vault, a Federal Reserve facility, or something different than normal. Unless one of us worked for one of the coin carriers I don't think we know the exact answer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread