What's new

Anyone prospecting the Oregon Coast?

Hobby Miner

Supporting Vendor
🛒 Supporting Vendor
Joined
May 25, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Location
Newport, OR
Detector(s) used
We sell Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter Brands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to connect with other prospectors working the Oregon coast — creeks, beaches, black sand deposits, whatever you're chasing.

Would love to hear what you're finding, what gear is working for you, and any spots worth exploring (no need to give up your honey holes!).

Drop a reply if you're out this way — always good to connect with folks who know the ground.
 
Beverly Beach, and a couple of creeks just north of there. I think it's all flour gold and most people use a sluice box.
Was out there this past weekend. Had the whole beach to myself. I would like to know if there are any active members that go out there regularly. Would really like to meet some members. See if we can get a regular outing thing going out this way.
 
Was out there this past weekend. Had the whole beach to myself. I would like to know if there are any active members that go out there regularly. Would really like to meet some members. See if we can get a regular outing thing going out this way.

Get in touch with Oregon Viking, as he lives down that way, and used to
sluice at the beaches pretty regular.
 
I was out on Beverly Beach today, testing some metal detectors. Typical windy, foggy, and cold, a few sandwalkers around all bundled up. Between there and Yaquina Head lighthouse I reckon there is, at most, one lost ring on the beach, since no one ever puts on sunscreen and goes in the water. Between Yaquina Head and Yaquina Bay, maybe one more lost ring. I've never seen anyone metal detecting those beaches.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom