Anyone read 27 Days Digging Decatur?

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
I was in Plainwell Michigan a couple of weeks ago and while I was there I stopped by Pro Stock Metal detectors to chat with Al Holden, the owner, whom I had not seen in 20 years. He has had that store for longer than that and started a detector club in the Plainwell area even before that. When I told him who I was and that I had written that story, which was published in Treasure Magazine, he exclaimed, "YOU wrote that??? That story changed everything! The way town digs were hunted completely changed." I was flattered that he thought so and we chatted for almost an hour. He corrected my thinking that detector depth had not significantly improved since the Minelab Sovereign came out, and explained that advancements in recovery speed may even be more important than added depth. He got me doing research and that resulted in me finding the key date standing liberty quarter on my property with a deus last week.

You can read the 27 Days Digging Decatur story on my new website here;

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've not read it yet, but it's on my short list now. Thanks for sharing!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv have started to read it. You are a very good writer :) You also are a very good detectorists. The hours you put in detecting with out much reward is also amazing :)It just goes to show patience is a great ability to have when doing this hobby :) I am trying to buy these magazines also :) Thanks for sharing :)

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Working on it now! Once you start its hard to stop! It's so interesting! You need to put it into a book!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I printed the 27 digs all out. I think i got 96 pages :) A lot easier to read

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread