Anyone read the "Urban TreasureHunter" yet?

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Anyone read the "Urban TreasureHunter" yet?

I just got it from my sis!! I love it . This book is a must have for all treasure hunters, especially the newbies.

It covers everything vfrom bottles to cooins!

I need major help finding old spots for relics here in town. The old maps i have been seeing have no markers to indicate where these older sites are actually located!!??

Larry

Bodyguard

Mar 11, 2007
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
BH Sharpshooter II
Re: Anyone read the "Urban TreasureHunter" yet?

I read the book about a year ago. Lent it to a friend, and haven't gotten it back yet :( Anyway.... I found it very useful, but being a very newbie at the time, almost anything would have been helpful. The info he gave was pretty much directed at his locale, (NYC), but it is generic enough to be applied anywhere.
He spends a lot of time with personal references, but also gives an excellent breakdown of how an area is analyzed by the "archies" for a proper site map. If you are a newbie, the book is excellent; if you are an experienced TH'r it still gives another perspective, and the way another person approaches the craft. Hope this helps. JR

OP
OP
Larsmed

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

marc and Bodyguard

thanks guys!

BTw Bodyguard man, by the look on your face I would not want to get you mad..lol

LArry

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Larsmed said:
marc and Bodyguard

thanks guys!

BTw Bodyguard man, by the look on your face I would not want to get you mad..lol

LArry

That look says," My batteries just crapped out and I've discovered that my spares are still laying on the dining table at home....20 miles away." :'( ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread