What's new

Anyone recognize this Saint...medallion? Update Mystery solved

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,501
Reaction score
10,478
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A guy at my local stop and shop found this medallion of a saint and sent a couple photos to me...the pics are not very clear but I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone recognized the saint...looks like it may be silver....any help is welcome. I'll see if I can get a more detailed Pic. Thanks@ update....it looks to be a Benedictine protection medallion.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    185.5 KB · Views: 112
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    114.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Upvote 9
You'll often find them buried or placed in and around houses with a history of negative hauntings. I know a metal detectorists that found one buried at the four corners of his yard. I asked him if his house was haunted and he said "Yes! How did you know!". 8-)
 
You'll often find them buried or placed in and around houses with a history of negative hauntings. I know a metal detectorists that found one buried at the four corners of his yard. I asked him if his house was haunted and he said "Yes! How did you know!". 8-)
So apparently they didnt help?
 
You'll often find them buried or placed in and around houses with a history of negative hauntings. I know a metal detectorists that found one buried at the four corners of his yard. I asked him if his house was haunted and he said "Yes! How did you know!". 8-)
I did not know that...I've heard that home owners in the 1600's would wrap twigs or put nails in bottles along with urine inside their walls to ward off bad spirits....
 
Macaydon got it correct
Good job Don
 
A guy at my local stop and shop found this medallion of a saint and sent a couple photos to me...the pics are not very clear but I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone recognized the saint...looks like it may be silver....any help is welcome. I'll see if I can get a more detailed Pic. Thanks@ update....it looks to be a Benedictine protection medallion.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom