What's new

Anyone still keeping copper?

capy325

Full Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Just curious. I just finished a box of the clear rolled pennies (Brinks I think) that I immediately noticed was different. All of the coins looked brown with very few red or newer looking coins. The box yielded 37 wheats with the oldest being 1939 (nothing special here), but it also produced 96% copper. Just strange for a box from the "fed".
 
Upvote 0
I just pull the ones out of pocket change. HH Mark BTW nice percentage.
 
I keep only the AU/BU ones. I keep a box of 60's and a box of 70's. I also keep up to 82 except the Zincoln 82.
 
hell yeah I pull as much out of circulation as I can :) Just becuase spot is down doesnt mean it will be like that forever. $4/lb wasnt that long ago...
 
Somebody probably turned in their copper hoard when the bottom dropped out of precious metals. I personally never bothered with sorting out coppers I only keep the wheats because I think they are neat. To me the best money is in silver coin.

Golden Silver
 
I keep them all. I figure i need to save more money anyway and copper pennies is better than some paper stacked up lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom