Anyone try the Hungry Haggis or Caledonian Super Sluice?

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hungry_Haggis_with_big_brother_Caledonian_Super_Sluice_zps31c19671.jpgAnyone try one of these. Hungry Haggis (NOT to be confused with the Scottish Food!) or the Caledonian Super Sluice? They come from England. Look similar to the Angus Mackirk sluices, but I like the "V" Matting. I figure that since this is a global site, someone has tried these.

Looks like Angus Mackirk and Letrap got together and this came out. Interesting....
I'd buy one : )

View attachment 752311Anyone try one of these. Hungry Haggis (NOT to be confused with the Scottish Food!) or the Caledonian Super Sluice? They come from England. Look similar to the Angus Mackirk sluices, but I like the "V" Matting. I figure that since this is a global site, someone has tried these.

I have the Hungry Haggis (mid sized one) it is a very good sluice made from a very rigid fiberglass after 2 years of heavy use it have one small chip at the tail end , it catches even the finest of gold and very easy to use , a friend has a caledonian and it is a beast i will empty the haggis after every few buckets the caledonian you can run all day

I have not tried the midge (small one) yet or seen it used but hear good things about it

(BTW they come from scotland not england :headbang:)

I have the Hungry Haggis (mid sized one) it is a very good sluice made from a very rigid fiberglass after 2 years of heavy use it have one small chip at the tail end , it catches even the finest of gold and very easy to use , a friend has a caledonian and it is a beast i will empty the haggis after every few buckets the caledonian you can run all day I have not tried the midge (small one) yet or seen it used but hear good things about it (BTW they come from scotland not england :headbang:)
Looks like a good lightweight, low flow box indeed. :). I would try it; definitely

Sounds like a disgusting family game.

"HUNGRY, HUNGRY HAGGIS"

Mike

I have the AM expedition and added ribbed mat over the slick as an inspection area. These 2 sluices are very similar in design and are great. I recommend it.

Never tried one but that high velocity pinch zone with tall riffles looks interesting. :)

Also the B5.5 Passat in the background is awesome, best car that I have ever owned but mine was black. :)
4Motion For the win!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back