What's new

Anyone use detector stands?

twistidd

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I was thinking about picking up one of those little stands you can clip on the rod of a detector so that it doesn't get wet or muddy on the ground. It elevates the detector several inches. I wasn't sure if these were commercially available, I think the ones I saw were homemade but it was awhile ago. Any ideas??

Joe
 
Hey Joe, think about a lanyard? I use one when I'm in the river, shoulder strap. Dipping the unit does not bother me, it's a cz-20 but when wading with a non-submersible the lanyard gets a little tightened up, that's all.

The stands I seen just end up being romved after a day in the thick brush.
 
Joe
    If it's for the whites, I can make one out of pvc  (1/2" )  just go buy 2 Tee's --2 90 degree and 2 caps
    If you want to you can stop by and I can whip you up one real quick free of charge  ( I have the straight pieces )
    I can cut the 1 tee real quick with my air cut off wheel then cement them together for you.

                               PM    Me                   Bob
                                                 
 

Attachments

  • MD STAND.webp
    MD STAND.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 208
I use one, its called my shovel or nearest tree.... :tongue3:
 
I've been thinking about this... because my E-Trac sometimes tips over.. wouldn't work on the E-Trac, but would on my DFX. They sell them painted black on eBay for $15 I think, but obviously Bob's offer is MUCH better!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom