Anyone used the 13" coil on the ORX?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the ORX with 9" HF coil and is great for certain areas.... Wondering if the the X35 13x11 would do well on deep civil war relics in open areas? I currently use my Deus 2 with 11" coil in these areas. Is the X35 worth the money or should i get the 13" coil for the Deus 2 instead?

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no direct experience with the XP 11x13 coil, just with elliptical DD coils on other older detectors.
In my experience with elliptical coils, the 11x13 will not be able to detect deeper than the 11" coil. The width of the coil pretty much determines the depth capabilities on an elliptical DD coil. So, no appreciable benefit of an 11x13 DD coil over the 11" round DD coil for the D2 as far as depth is concerned.

The benefits of the 11x13 coil are a lot more coverage on shallow to medium depths, but you will only get a little more coverage at depth. Another consideration is the extra real estate of the 11x13 might actually cause a reduction in performance when run over highly mineralized soil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread