anyone watch American pickers on the History ch. tonight?

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
the 2 picker dudes who own Antique Archealogy go through the coutnry nation wide looking to pick up stuff to resell. I`m not down with alot of their pushy ways and stuff but they were in Miss. on tonights show and went to meet a guy who had alot of old stuff.
In his shop he had all kinds of fossils and bones and teeth, large mammoth caps and mastodon teeth and stuff. One of the picker guys asked him what was the difference between the mammoth and mastodon and the guy who has been pulling these bones out of the rivers for over 25 years tells them "one was a plant eater and the other was a meat eater" I couldnt help but laugh

OP
OP
centfladigger

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
I`m waiting for people who watch this show see if they can find the homeowners who have sold on this show and start harrasing them for some of their stuff. I remember the other week an okd WWII surviver and retired farmer had an original samuri sword and they got it for a steal and were laughing about how much they will make off of it

Worthy55

May 8, 2009
North , Fla.
Meat eating Mastodon cool! 8) 8) 8) :)

Attachments

• Picture 3128.gif
    Picture 3128.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 920

Dirtfan

Mar 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7
The mastodon thing was pretty funny! I always thought the producers pay off all the people on those shows to be amateur actors.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife told me that these two guys had to audition for the parts they play in the series. If so, the whole thing is put on. But my wife said she just heard it from someone. She said the short fat one was working at a bar in Florida and was pouring water on gals in the wet tshirt contests before this gig. Fact or fiction? Makes me wonder. Monty

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
centfladigger said:
the 2 picker dudes who own Antique Archealogy go through the coutnry nation wide looking to pick up stuff to resell. I`m not down with alot of their pushy ways and stuff but they were in Miss. on tonights show and went to meet a guy who had alot of old stuff.
In his shop he had all kinds of fossils and bones and teeth, large mammoth caps and mastodon teeth and stuff. One of the picker guys asked him what was the difference between the mammoth and mastodon and the guy who has been pulling these bones out of the rivers for over 25 years tells them "one was a plant eater and the other was a meat eater" I couldnt help but laugh

It made me laugh also. :laughing7:

Fossis............

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the one guy more than the other (I like the shorter guy better - Steve?)

Anyway, I was under the impression that the girl at the office sets up appointments in many of the cases.

Either way - what's the difference if you dig it out of the ground, or go to a garage sale and get a "steal" - or going to someone and give them an offer? Most of the time, these people who have all these things are looked down upon by a lot of people - they are the people that other people complain about because they have all this junk in their yard.

I always figure a good deal is one where BOTH people are happy about it. They make a living that way - just like everyone else - buy something cheaper than you can sell it for. As for the person who is doing the selling - they can say "NO", and plenty of people have.

Besides, it doesn't always come out the right way for them - didn't the one guy just pay $5500 (I think) for a 1939 car that, after it was all fixed up, would sell for $4500 - $5000.

Meanwhile, many other folks like us, drool over some of the things they find.

Chances are, someday the towns will evict them, or something - in fact, that one guy was selling things because he was going to lose his place if he didn't either get rid of everything or put up a fence so nobody could see it. (I think that was just last week).

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions