Anyone willing to dowse this map? It would be appreciated.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 93
Utah doesn't have much in the way of major gold placers, think it is supposed to be mostly fine and scarce. Orange is for mineral signals, but could include silver/gold veins or placers. Green for archaeological, red for loose surface down to 1-2 feet deep on places to metal detect.

Attachments

• 001-fmrUSMC_0844.jpg
    001-fmrUSMC_0844.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 94
Hey....I feel that I have worked on this map before..If it is in SW Utah I may have been there...There was a lot of KGC activity in that area...I find a cache of gold and silver coins...It is a weak signal big worth following...Art

001.jpg

Utah doesn't have much in the way of major gold placers, think it is supposed to be mostly fine and scarce. Orange is for mineral signals, but could include silver/gold veins or placers. Green for archaeological, red for loose surface down to 1-2 feet deep on places to metal detect.

Thanks for looking at it! When you say archaeological what time period could that possibly be from?

Hey....I feel that I have worked on this map before..If it is in SW Utah I may have been there...There was a lot of KGC activity in that area...I find a cache of gold and silver coins...It is a weak signal big worth following...Art

View attachment 745476

Art, if you worked this map before it wasnt me that pout it up. This map is actually south of another map you looked at. but its only south by a few miles. its not in SW Utah. Thanks for looking at it! I am going to get out there when everything finally starts to thaw out around here. I have been looking at about 5 different maps from the 1800's and racking my brain trying to get everything to match with the moderna topo maps I have. Hopeffully I finally got it.

The largest green circle seems to be Native American and to the right of it up near the top. Most probably are just sites or possibly signs/markers.

The largest green circle seems to be Native American and to the right of it up near the top. Most probably are just sites or possibly signs/markers.
Thanks again for looking at it. Ill have to get out there when the ground thaws. Hopefully soon. Hopefully I will fimd some items from what I have been researching.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back