anything in mo??

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.
Hi,

I live in Lee's Summit, a suburb of Kansas City. I do alot of arrowhead hunting and metal detecting all around the area. The are countless spots for arrowhead hunting around here. Get ahold of me and maybe we could get out some time. My email is [email protected].

John

Aug 23, 2007
kansas
There any Good spots around Lawrence Kansas to search for arrowheads?
I been searching and researching and found every old historic school site, in douglas county and every ghost town that no longer exsits. Now when every I get some money that does not go for bills i will buy a metal detector till then I looking for arrowheads.

I use to hunt for them in south texas with great success but kansas that's a whole new story.

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
One thing that is pretty consistant through the whole country is this: Find any high ground that is next to a natural body of water, creek, river, lake, no matter... now find farm fields that occupy this "high ground" and get permission to look, I don't think I have ever found plowed high ground on a natural body of water that didn't produce at the very least some flaking debitage.

Aug 23, 2007
kansas
Yeah the flint i'm finding, Huge chunks top litte chips that appear to be flaked off. I am wondering if I should head to the top off the ridge above the creek to looke for any arrowheads gut feeling tell me too. I hunted arrowheads in south Texas with my uncle for years and be very successfull. I know what to look for just having trouble in kansas. The question remains should i go for the gut instict, or stay within the creek boundaries. The top of the of the bluff ridge is a heavy forest landscape.

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Well, I would stay in the fields probably... don't know how you plan on finding stuff in the woods. If there is a rock outcropping there could possibly be a quarry site, that would be neat to find and certainly lead to some finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread