What's new

Appalachian Celt

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I find a lot of interesting things using a metal detector, and sometimes I get lucky to find wonderful Native American history. Problem is, I know little on ID'ing them. I dug this in Appalachia North Carolina searching for a iron target with my detector. Recently ID's as a Celt :hello2:

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 2012-03-03 010.webp
    2012-03-03 010.webp
    41 KB · Views: 559
  • 2012-03-03 011.webp
    2012-03-03 011.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 561
  • 2012-03-03 012.webp
    2012-03-03 012.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 666
  • 2012-03-03 010.webp
    2012-03-03 010.webp
    41 KB · Views: 542
  • 2012-03-03 011.webp
    2012-03-03 011.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 561
  • 2012-03-03 012.webp
    2012-03-03 012.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 666
Upvote 0
Congratulations! Very nice find, go back and try to find other half.
 
agree and Charmin!! posted about hominy holes in grinding holes and nuting stone on 2/26/2012/ Terry
 
I would say a worn, but nice pestle. Its not broken(bell). Great artifact/keeper!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom