What's new

Apple Peeler?

sonnyjam

Full Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
Is this a peeler of some kind? Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF5130.webp
    DSCF5130.webp
    67.2 KB · Views: 392
  • DSCF5131.webp
    DSCF5131.webp
    70.2 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCF5132.webp
    DSCF5132.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 374
To me it kinda looks like an oyster shucking knife, will try to find pics in a bit.

Chuck.
 
Upvote 0
Tattooguy67 said:
To me it kinda looks like an oyster shucking knife, will try to find pics in a bit.

Chuck.
Well after several attempts to find pics of this I have failed! although all the oyster knives did have short blades and meaty handles like this object I was not able to find one with a bent blade, some had a curl to them but no big bend like this, so then I tried the woodworking angle, even checked out whittling blades, no match there either, the closest match was the Babbitt scraper idea because the blade curve seemed to match, but the only pics I found showed a long shank or shaft between the blade and the handle, none of these points rules out any of the ideas put forth, I was just not able to verify any of them for sure.

Chuck.
 
Upvote 0
i belive it may be a corn husker.....they made many variations but all seem to have the same bussiness end.
 
Upvote 0
I am thinking old saddlemakers or leather tool....but handle looks like early Stanley
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Button Rev-1812?
Replies
0
Views
255
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
722
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Magnetic thing
Replies
2
Views
339

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom