April 6 and 7, 2024 Finds

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had my Legend out this past weekend. Ran the 6" coil and started plucking more coins (only clad) out from around the house on my 1860"s farm permission. The yard surrounding the house is very trashy, lots of iron and aluminum. I bumped up the recovery to 7 and that 6" coil really shines. Pulls good targets through the trash. All factory settings. Also had my Impact with me, which I ran through the lower field. Used the 11”x7” coil to try to weed out some good targets. Had a nice sounding 80’s signal then turned 90 degrees to hear the iron grunt. The signal was fairly large while pinpointing, so I decided to dig it. Turned out to be a large piece, pretty heavy and interesting looking.

P1001352_WM.jpg
P1001353_WM.jpg
P1001354_WM.jpg

Kind of reminds me of mount for a bell. I'm going to throw this one over to the What Is It thread. That Impact really knows how to find big iron. Next my Legend finds. That 6" round coil really does work well in trashy areas. The wheat penny was found in the lower field, I was using the Impact there.

Nice tiny pieces
P1001355_WM.jpg

Another bullet and casing. Note the firing pin has been struck and the hole drilled through the casing. A couple shot gun headstamps too.
P1001356_WM.jpg
P1001357_WM.jpg

Dimes
P1001358_WM.jpg

Quarters
P1001359_WM.jpg

Memorials: I did find 6 zinclons which I didn't add to the photo.
P1001360_WM.jpg

Wheatie
P1001361_WM.jpg
P1001362_WM.jpg

Updated the Legend to version 1.14 with Beast Mode yesterday. Spent an hour with it at a park today while my wife was walking. Found two memorials, not pictured. Had a couple other signals that seemed good while in Beast Mode, but they were deep, and I'm not allowed to dig in this park. Only probe and screwdriver recoveries. Looking forward to using Beast Mode at the 1860's farm over the weekend. More rain on tap so the rest of the week is shot.

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 9

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my Legend out this past weekend. Ran the 6" coil and started plucking more coins (only clad) out from around the house on my 1860"s farm permission. The yard surrounding the house is very trashy, lots of iron and aluminum. I bumped up the recovery to 7 and that 6" coil really shines. Pulls good targets through the trash. All factory settings. Also had my Impact with me, which I ran through the lower field. Used the 11”x7” coil to try to weed out some good targets. Had a nice sounding 80’s signal then turned 90 degrees to hear the iron grunt. The signal was fairly large while pinpointing, so I decided to dig it. Turned out to be a large piece, pretty heavy and interesting looking.

View attachment 2142533 View attachment 2142534 View attachment 2142535

Kind of reminds me of mount for a bell. I'm going to throw this one over to the What Is It thread. That Impact really knows how to find big iron. Next my Legend finds. That 6" round coil really does work well in trashy areas. The wheat penny was found in the lower field, I was using the Impact there.

Nice tiny pieces
View attachment 2142536
Another bullet and casing. Note the firing pin has been struck and the hole drilled through the casing. A couple shot gun headstamps too.
View attachment 2142537 View attachment 2142538
Dimes
View attachment 2142539
Quarters
View attachment 2142540
View attachment 2142541
Wheatie
View attachment 2142542 View attachment 2142543

Updated the Legend to version 1.14 with Beast Mode yesterday. Spent an hour with it at a park today while my wife was walking. Found two memorials, not pictured. Had a couple other signals that seemed good while in Beast Mode, but they were deep, and I'm not allowed to dig in this park. Only probe and screwdriver recoveries. Looking forward to using Beast Mode at the 1860's farm over the weekend. More rain on tap so the rest of the week is shot.

Thanks for looking...
Nice recoveries
Congratulations

MisterHelix

Feb 23, 2024
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex Ultra
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice stuff.
Western XPERT with the “made in USA“ was made from 1932 to 1964.
The 30~06 cartridge looks to be some sort of souvenir item or dummy round. Interesting.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beast mode? guess I'm behind...

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2142533 View attachment 2142534 View attachment 2142535

Nice tiny pieces
View attachment 2142536
View attachment 2142537 View attachment 2142538
Dimes
View attachment 2142539
Quarters
View attachment 2142540
View attachment 2142541
Wheatie
View attachment 2142542 View attachment 2142543

Thanks for looking...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions