🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That means they are aptx.... but not low latency. I have two pairs of the same earbuds, no plus sign on mine either.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manufacturers are not very good at differentiating between APTX and APTX LL so you really never know if they are APTX LL until you successfully pair an "untested" model with the Equinox. Has happened to me a couple of times, including when the manufacturer actually specified APTX LL. Try the Sound Peat Q12's if you want to use APTX LL earbuds or get any of a number of decent APTX LL over the ear headphones that are available, including the model Minelab cloned their headset from - the Miccus SR71.

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Q-12s are amazing. I now have 3 pairs. 2 for detecting (backup pair if I forget to charge them) and 1 pair for mowing. The passive noise cancelling of these earbuds is amazing. I personally hate most ear buds as does my uncle but I bought him a pair and he said he has fallen asleep in them numerous times and forgot they were in. These should be a sticky at the top of the nox forum as we discuss them almost daily!

StinkinLincoln

Feb 20, 2018
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know of low latency ear buds that wrap around the ear and are similarly priced to the SoundPEATS Q12s?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried the soundpeats q12's? They have small protrusions that hold the earbuds securely in your ear. I have found they are more secure than earhook style but if that is your cup of tea, take a look at the following. They are advertised at APTX LL but you never know for sure until they are paired up to your detector so be warned that I have not verified these myself:

https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B07P961J94

https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-AUKEY-Bluetooth-Water-Resistance-Commuting/dp/B07GBVCZZX

As you can see, they are more expensive than the soundpeats, also.

Lepreshawn

Greenie
Nov 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish they just made a headphone that was rain / splash proof that was aptx-ll. Earbuds usually are a booting to wear after a while and I’m also concerned about battery life.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish they just made a headphone that was rain / splash proof that was aptx-ll. Earbuds usually are a booting to wear after a while and I’m also concerned about battery life.
Battery life is indeed an issue even on the q12's... I get about six and a half hours per charge, I ended up buying two sets so I can get through a full day of hunting.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They do - Quest makes them for the Equinox with a decent sized 1000mAh battery and water resistant design. Check out this link. A little pricey compared to other similar phones but those phones are not water resistant:

https://www.questmetaldetectors.com...tooth-wireless-headphones-for-minelab-equinox

Lepreshawn

Greenie
Nov 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!!!! I was going to give up and just go back to corded. I probably will just these and they check the 3 boxes I’ve been looking for: Wirless, APTX-LL, AND can take some rainy weather.

They do - Quest makes them for the Equinox with a decent sized 1000mAh battery and water resistant design. Check out this link. A little pricey compared to other similar phones but those phones are not water resistant:

https://www.questmetaldetectors.com...tooth-wireless-headphones-for-minelab-equinox

StinkinLincoln

Feb 20, 2018
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried the soundpeats q12's? They have small protrusions that hold the earbuds securely in your ear. I have found they are more secure than earhook style but if that is your cup of tea, take a look at the following. They are advertised at APTX LL but you never know for sure until they are paired up to your detector so be warned that I have not verified these myself:

https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B07P961J94

https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-AUKEY-Bluetooth-Water-Resistance-Commuting/dp/B07GBVCZZX

As you can see, they are more expensive than the soundpeats, also.

Thanks for your usual good advice! Just got the SoundPEATS Q12 Plus. This new version is supposed to have 9 hour battery life at the same price as the older version. I never had luck with earbuds that aren’t the wrap around type but these seem to fit nice and snug. They’ll be a welcome change from headphones in the summer heat!

Happa54

Feb 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
EQX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just received my Soundpeats Q12. They paired quickly and there is no lag time in the low latency signal. I did however, lose the feel of the tone against my wired headphones, Audio Technica.

I ran the coil over memorials, wheats, zincs, nickels, dimes, canadian pennies, quarters and tokens. It was difficult to differentiate the high conductor sounds from coin to coin with exception to the quarter which was a tad higher in tone. With my Audio Technica's, I pretty much know what is under my coil due to the clarity in tone.

I'll use the Soundpeats in hot weather, but on any other day, it'll be my wired headphones.

Royn2751

Jan 14, 2017
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my Q12's since May. I purchased them after reading a recommendation in another thread.
I prefer them to the headphones because you can still hear what's going on around you. Also very light and comfortable.
When fully charged I got 7+ hours on a beach hunt with the volume cranked.
I don't have the sharpest hearing and always run 50 tones with an audible threshold. I may be missing some nuances but I don't think it's an impediment.
By the way they do give you the + and have withstood a wave that broke over me unexpectedly.
HH

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I personally prefer this product to ear buds. I've tried ear buds in the past and found they don't screen out the ambient sound around me...i.e. the ocean waves and beach depositors having fun where full headphones do a much better job. My one and only concern with the Minelab headphones was they weren't water proof or water resistant...not the best for beach and surf hunting and espeically here in Florida where afternoon rain is commonplace.

I'll give these Quest headphones a try.

Thank you for the information....I'll let the forum know how they work for me.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Received the Quest headphones yesterday that veferrari referred to in the above post. Only took two days from Hong Kong!

Extremely comfortable over the ear design. External build quality looks good. They paired up with my EQX exactly like the Minelab wireless even to the point of using the same tones as the Minelab. Low latency capability is certainly there. I ran them in my test garden using good targets surrounded by iron and they performed extremely well. Nice and clear crisp sound with sufficient volume. Haven’t yet had to use the volume control.

Haven’t been able to test battery life yet so that’s TBD.

So far, I’m favorably impressed. I’ll take them to the beach on Monday and report back.

Additional points:

~ These headphones are easily adjusted for proper fit and the top head piece is extremely well padded and comfortable.

~ They are water/rain resistant. Not designed for diving...and resistance to water damage is all I really wanted. No blue tooth wireless headphones can be used when submerged...at least none that I know of.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions