apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold only $28.50 of my 90% stash today. Daughter who is getting married calls me today in a panic cyring, "Mom, I decided it would really be better to have our reception in a hotel rather than outside the church." I am thinking, really??? Tried to tell her that April showers and all. But, she wanted an outdoor wedding until . . . she realized that our church was built prior to the Civil War and sits in the middle of no-where-USA surrounded by acres of land (hillbilly) where there are fire ants, wasps, copperheads . . (could wring her neck, but she is a just a nervous bride).

So, I head to my local dealer (thank you Coolpix9) and sell only $28.50 cents worth of 90% coins. I was handed back $705.38 ($12.37 per coin). I still feel like I want to faint everytime I sell a coin. Who in the world can believe that one can pay .50 cents for a coin and get back over $12.00????

Nonetheless, we now have a hotel banquet hall reserved (and paid for) for the reception.

If you have kids, you know what I mean. They can wear you "plum-smooth-out."

HSH,
apush

Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi apush,

That is a very good reason to take a profit on your CRHing finds!!! :icon_thumright: I am sure your daughter will appreciate it. I am thinking about selling a bunch of my 40%ers in the next week or two to pay for some home upgrades for my wife! Shhhhh....she doesn't know yet its a surprise!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for it SilverSurfer--and while you are at it, you could buy her a "trinket." :icon_sunny: Course, this is a "woman's" point of view (and the right one). :laughing7:

apush :read2:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Good for you Apush. When I started CRHing a 90% was only worth 5 bucks or so. Amazing that they sell for over 12 bucks now.

Jim

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't sold any finds yet because I love the way it just grows and grows as it sits on my shelf, but I couldn't think of a better reason for selling some than the one you mentioned above. Congratulations again on your daughter's upcoming wedding.

HH

Nick

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My daughter is only 7, so I have plenty of time to save up some silver. It will probably be over $100 an oz by the time she's old enough to have her old man walk her down the aisle.
Glad your silver sale was able to help financially.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
CardsNCoins said:
I haven't sold any finds yet because I love the way it just grows and grows as it sits on my shelf, but I couldn't think of a better reason for selling some than the one you mentioned above. Congratulations again on your daughter's upcoming wedding.

HH

Nick

time to diversify where you store it especially after telling all on the internet

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
Apush. Consider it part of her inheritance and you get to watch her enjoy it. $28.50 for $705.38, what a bargain. PJ

buckanear

Oct 27, 2009
Congratulations on the approaching nuptials.I do know what you mean.Bout worn to a nubbin.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quiksilver said:
time to diversify where you store it especially after telling all on the internet

shelf = metaphor

If anyone can find my "shelf", they are welcome to all the silver I have. :laughing9:

HH

Nick

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Apush,
Nice profit and it couldn't have been for a better cause. Best of luck on the wedding!
all the best,
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread