Are americans better off now days than the 80s?

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Are americans better off now days than the 80's?

Hard to say. I could go back to the 80's. I believe it's close. Although I sure wasn't in the hole as much as I am now :-\

B

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Some yes,

others no.

have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

There are entirely new and different markets from the 80's. Those were great times to be active and have a clue, did great in the market then. I remember early 80's one of our investment advisors told me software and pc's were probably not that big of a market. That idiot. Only person dumber would be the fool that listened to him... DOH!

You'd be crazy not to chase some green techs these days. And there's nothing wrong with some foreign funds in your mix. Whether or not you believe or care wbout the global warming and eco-psychotic hystrionics being practiced by some, there's new technology that will become part of the emerging changes in energy usage and production.

Would not hurt to teach your children math and science from early on, we will need some home-grown engineers. Or we could keep importing them.

S

Smee

Don't know, you tell me:

Wages doubled, but the cost of living (not the government's index, but gas, electricity, food, clothing) has gone up fourfold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread