What's new

Are americans better off now days than the 80s?

Jimmy@romega

Full Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
rome, ga
Are americans better off now days than the 80's?

Are we doing better when it comes what jobs are paying now days and the cost to live? I guess what I'm saying is the what me make now days and the cost to live now days ratio of the 80's.
 
Re: Are americans better off now days than the 80's?

Hard to say. I could go back to the 80's. I believe it's close. Although I sure wasn't in the hole as much as I am now :-\

B
 
Re: Are americans better off now days than the 80's?

Some yes,


others no.


have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE
 
Re: Are americans better off now days than the 80's?

There are entirely new and different markets from the 80's. Those were great times to be active and have a clue, did great in the market then. I remember early 80's one of our investment advisors told me software and pc's were probably not that big of a market. That idiot. Only person dumber would be the fool that listened to him... DOH!

You'd be crazy not to chase some green techs these days. And there's nothing wrong with some foreign funds in your mix. Whether or not you believe or care wbout the global warming and eco-psychotic hystrionics being practiced by some, there's new technology that will become part of the emerging changes in energy usage and production.

Would not hurt to teach your children math and science from early on, we will need some home-grown engineers. Or we could keep importing them.
 
Re: Are americans better off now days than the 80's?

Don't know, you tell me:

Wages doubled, but the cost of living (not the government's index, but gas, electricity, food, clothing) has gone up fourfold.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom