What's new

are the 2009 nickels THAT hard to find??

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
rodzm said:
I dont need to explain myself further

You just said a mouthfull right there.

Because It now sounds like your saying ........."I don't have a problem using a charitable organization for personal Gain"

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
rodzm said:
I dont need to explain myself further
I would have to agree...........I would also like to see an auction with just a nickel w/o the contribution part

You just said a mouthfull right there.

Because It now sounds like your saying ........."I don't have a problem using a charitable organization for personal Gain"

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
You just said a mouthfull right there.

Because It now sounds like your saying ........."I don't have a problem using a charitable organization for personal Gain"

Mojo

Before coming to conclusions perhaps you should maybe, just maybe think Im trying to contribute towards a charity in addition to helping my dad who solely lives on SS and is disabled. It is not using a charitable organization for gain it is trying to help out the most I can.

If I wanted to use the VFW for personal gain I wouldnt be doing almost 9 years in the Army. I dont know but if youve never done military service perhaps you should think of the sacrifices we make instead of flaming someone for contributing less than what you think is appropriate.
 
He's being up front with how much is going to the VFW. If people wanted their money to go solely to the VFW then they could donate independently. I've been seeing alot of morality issues being raised on these boards and at the end of the day I think some people are just being too judgemental. You're not the CRH boards morality police and there is no reason to question peoples honesty or motives at every turn. Just chill out and enjoy the coins.
 
packfan_1982 said:
He's being up front with how much is going to the VFW. If people wanted their money to go solely to the VFW then they could donate independently. I've been seeing alot of morality issues being raised on these boards and at the end of the day I think some people are just being too judgemental. You're not the CRH boards morality police and there is no reason to question peoples honesty or motives at every turn. Just chill out and enjoy the coins.
Not sure if the chill out portion is geared towards me but ok. And FYI Mojo since Ive been called out on the whole VFW connection and how I "should" post one auction without this "connection" I will be kind to point you to this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=300320743009

And FYI MoJo...once you do something honorable it is honorable not less not more. I dont know where you get your definition of honorable but I suggest you look it up.

End of rant
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
rodzm said:
packfan_1982 said:
He's being up front with how much is going to the VFW. If people wanted their money to go solely to the VFW then they could donate independently. I've been seeing alot of morality issues being raised on these boards and at the end of the day I think some people are just being too judgemental. You're not the CRH boards morality police and there is no reason to question peoples honesty or motives at every turn. Just chill out and enjoy the coins.
Not sure if the chill out portion is geared towards me but ok. And FYI Mojo since Ive been called out on the whole VFW connection and how I "should" post one auction without this "connection" I will be kind to point you to this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=300320743009

And FYI MoJo...once you do something honorable it is honorable not less not more. I dont know where you get your definition of honorable but I suggest you look it up.

End of rant

Thanks for the link.

That roll sold for $102.50 Divide that by 40 = $2.50 per coin........... Nice try.

I looked up Honerable and it said making sacrifice.

I coulden't find less honerable.

So I looked up dishonerable and it defined it as using a charitable orginization for personal gain.

Mojo
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
coinmojo said:
rodzm said:
packfan_1982 said:
He's being up front with how much is going to the VFW. If people wanted their money to go solely to the VFW then they could donate independently. I've been seeing alot of morality issues being raised on these boards and at the end of the day I think some people are just being too judgemental. You're not the CRH boards morality police and there is no reason to question peoples honesty or motives at every turn. Just chill out and enjoy the coins.
Not sure if the chill out portion is geared towards me but ok. And FYI Mojo since Ive been called out on the whole VFW connection and how I "should" post one auction without this "connection" I will be kind to point you to this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=300320743009

And FYI MoJo...once you do something honorable it is honorable not less not more. I dont know where you get your definition of honorable but I suggest you look it up.

End of rant

Thanks for the link.

That roll sold for $102.50 Divide that by 40 = $2.50 per coin........... Nice try.

Mojo

Please put your glasses on because that auction was for a coin not the roll.

Please bury your head in the sand for a few minutes, it might do you some good

I think your MoJo's gone :laughing9:
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep you are right.

I missed that it clearly stated "RARE 2009 P Jefferson Nickel from Bank Roll"

and your description clearly defines what it is that you are auctioning.

My bad..... I am officially a jerk. Thanks for serving.

Mojo
 
I just looked at your completed auctions and you did get 102.50 for the VFW auction.

And you got 102.50 for the next auction.... But I just can't help wondering if people think they still bidding on an item that is helping support a charity.


Perhaps I am EXTREAMLY Jealous........


as long as there is no attempts to misrepresent anything here I have no problem with it.

In the end you only need to answer to 1 person. So good luck with all that you can do.

I'm sorry "IF" I was off base with you ....no pun intended.

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
Yep you are right.

I missed that it clearly stated "RARE 2009 P Jefferson Nickel from Bank Roll"

and your description clearly defines what it is that you are auctioning.

My bad..... I am officially a jerk. Thanks for serving.

Mojo

No problem Mojo...i thought it was kind of funny after you broke down the math. Im a good sport...I may seem a little ticked by a few things but in the end I try to be as cool as I can.

Take Care
 
the only thing that ticks me off is that none of the banks within 50 miles of me has any 2009 coins!....lol
 
Goes4ever said:
the only thing that ticks me off is that none of the banks within 50 miles of me has any 2009 coins!....lol

I spoke to a forum member at the collectors.com forum and he took 1 day to strictly search banks in the San Francisco financial district. He visited over 20 banks and none had nickels or dimes. Something just aint right...theyre either sitting at the Fed or a majority have been sent outside the U.S.
 
sent OUTSIDE the US? why would they do that???
 
Goes4ever said:
sent OUTSIDE the US? why would they do that???

Im not too sure but the rolls I got came from outside the U.S. I got them from a solid bag of $500 dimes and $200 nickels. All pre-rolled and placed inside
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom