Everyone will just reply with their own opinion... so if that helps you form your own, then so be it.
In MY experience and therefore MY opinion, clad proofs in pristine shape are fun to look at. Gotta love that mirror finish! They are VERY hard to sell though in my experience, either in person at some form of dealer or on ebay. SO, do NOT keep them thinking you will make a good profit on them. You will be lucky to get $3-4 a piece for them, and even that after holding them for years. So, they are worth hanging onto if you collect COINS in addition to SILVER. Perhaps you will try to put together a MASTER SET of halves? All the P's D's and S's... all versions, variations, etc. In which case you would want to keep them. And if that is the case, you can keep multiples of each so you can trade them to other collectors for years you have yet to find.
I have only found three so far, all of which are in pretty nice shape for being as old as they are. I don't plan on getting one of each and am about to trade one away to someome who needs it for THEIR collection. So that gives you some idea of what can be done with them when kept.
I hold onto them. The more expensive coin albums have spots to put them in and even if they are worn or scratched they still fill that empty hole. With the lower mintages for proofs you would think they would be more collectible too.
Lower mintages only go so far to help a coin be collectable. Look at Ikes... case in point right there.
As far as putting them in albums. My cheap-o books don't have spots for them. And even if I did, I don't think I would use them. Those proofs are REALLY sensitive when it comes to touching and rubbing them and what not. To push them into a book and let the whole back of the coin rub against the book, and the front rob against whatever closes onto it... YIKES! Disaster.
That doesn't seem realistic though... so your expensive albums probably come with some type of improved protection than mine.
Hang onto them. If you get $3-$4 each from a dealer or on Craigslist that is 600% to 800% (if I did my math right) profit per clad proof. I started this hobby in December of 2007 and have found 50 proofs so far. I haven't sold any yet but I have been successful selling mint errors. I figured once I have a complete set of proofs from 71-present I will sell them as a group. I'm only missing a couple dates to complete the set and have several duplicates of some dates. That's my opinion.....
I have a whole set I have saved, 70-2007. Now I just keep the extras. They don't cost me much and you never know, they might be worth something good...someday.
I want to say the "set" should start in 68 right? Wasn't that the first S proof?
Anywho, grats on the set! I would love to have one and at that point they will probably fetch at least a decent price at buy or sell. It just isn't feasible for me to set a full set as my goal... I don't do this enough of the year for me to hit that goal.
Grats to you though Fox... that must be one pretty set to look at!