What's new

Are these CW Bowie Knives

john37115

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
529
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
An older gentleman that is letting me hunt his property showed me these knives and made me promise to try and find out some information on them. I tried to buy them but he didn't want to sell. They look like civil war knives to me. What do you think? Any info would be helpful.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1172.webp
    DSCN1172.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 579
  • DSCN1174.webp
    DSCN1174.webp
    32 KB · Views: 574
  • DSCN1170.webp
    DSCN1170.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 577
  • DSCN1171.webp
    DSCN1171.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 571
Upvote 0
The first one look's like a US Foot Artillery sword,not sure about the second one.....
 
You say knives--what is the length of these Fairbain type blades?



Stryker
 
stryker-one said:
You say knives--what is the length of these Fairbain type blades?



Stryker

I didn't measure them that day but a guess I would say 24 to 28" long
 
2nd one looks like an Arkansas Toothpick. I want that one...d2
 
3rdof8 you solved the second ones the blade is a bit different but close enough. So it is civil war I know my friend will be glad to hear that. Thanks D2 I'll research Arkansas Toothpicks a bit.
 
the handle looks the same on the first sword and on the 2 links....BUT the blade on this one has only 1 groove and the ones in the links show 2 side by side.....this may not make a diference.......im definately no expert
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom