these all came from a field ,as a crow flies 2 miles away from New field I found definite clovis, what do u guys think. the complete came from Ohio river, the base and sides are ground on it , thanks
Get-the-point said:From left to right the first two are triangles the one below it has a Allen look to it. The top row 3rd one in and the rest look paleo. Last point looks like a broken quad.
GTP, triangles are later points aren't they? I always find woodland pieces and think they are paleo. Is that just me, or a sign of prehistory repeating itself?
Get-the-point said:I believe that may be a Clovis point. It does lack the fine percussion flaking associated with Clovis blades but could be the material. It sure looks like a Clovis and that fluting does not look like thinning it is a flute.
I have juggled between Clovis and guilford for three years here. I have had it labeled Clovis then guilford. I say guilford because it was found on a site that I have found literally hundreds of Guilfords on. I haven't found a Clovis on this site.... Or have I?? Thanks for the input. Brightens my day to read this.
Get-the-point said:Like i said in my post it is hard to determine what it is. If it is thick then it could be a Guilford with a broken base. Since this site you found it on has a dominant Guilford period on it, i'd say the latter is likely. How thick is the point?
GTP, triangles are later points aren't they? I always find woodland pieces and think they are paleo. Is that just me, or a sign of prehistory repeating itself?