Are You A Scavenger?

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
That may sound like a silly question here but I an asking about eyeball finds. I've grabbed up things like an unopened pack of pencils with a kids name on it. I grabbed a cool portable rocking chair in a vacant soccer field. The list goes on. I tend to scavenge along with looking for metal.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
That may sound like a silly question here but I an asking about eyeball finds. I've grabbed up things like an unopened pack of pencils with a kids name on it. I grabbed a cool portable rocking chair in a vacant soccer field. The list goes on. I tend to scavenge along with looking for metal.
Sure, if the item is honestly up for grabs. Every now and then I’ll find something on the shoulder of the road: lumber, a tool etc. I hate to see good useable items go to waste.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I'm more of a scavenger pack rat. Just 2 days ago seen a claw hammer on the road, well had to stop & pick it up. I Was in a old falling down barn on a friends land, when I spotted a manual transmission in the corner for a gm car. Let be hold when I get home with it & ran the #'s on trans it was for a 55-57 chevy car. Gm used it up to 62 in production cars as well. Did I need it? NO!!! But I wheeled it home.🤣😂🤣

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes. Can't seem to help it; free fitness equipment, picnic benches and tables, indoor furniture, countless chairs, a computer monitor and tower, the list goes on.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I put "Scroungoligist" on the line for occupation.

This was for the entry visa into New Zealand.

The officer slid it back and just shook his head and said "Not going to accept that"
The Mrs wrote businessman, slid it back.
The dude said "That'll work"
This was in 1992 they'd lost the sense of ha, ha back then.
It's in the blood.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I've been dragging stuff home since I was old enough to leave the yard with my little red wagon in tow. I find some value in almost anything . what I don't want gets sold online or at the scrap yard.
When I was a teenager, I’d walk 2 miles to a multi-family farm dump. I’d take tools with me. I’d remove the motors from old appliances and carry them back home. I had NO need for them.

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
I guess I qualify considering I’ve been spending my lunch breaks in the parking lot gravel looking for cool rocks/fossils. Starting to question my own behavior and need for intervention lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Grew up looking down, rocks, arrowheads, old bottles, digging in the dirt.
Always packing stuff back home.

Owned a scrap company, now that was a piece of heaven 😍.
Unlimited amounts of things that were neat.

Retired and it still is in the blood.
I keep it out of sight out of mind.
Place looks tidy generally so no complaints.

Seriously I need to purge the building. 3200 sq. Ft of accumulated and no space.

So if this is like a 12 step program, sign me up. 🤣
STEP #1 ADMITTING IT👍
20201023_140749.jpg
20201023_140802.jpg

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023

Seriously I need to purge the building. 3200 sq. Ft of accumulated and no space.

STEP #1 ADMITTING IT👍
View attachment 2085473 View attachment 2085474
Lol!!!! You have obviously done well pepper!! It must be an internal battle to restrain from rummaging through that. I’m seein

STEP #1 ADMITTING IT👍
View attachment 2085473 View attachment 2085474
lol!!!! Man pepper you’ve obviously done well. It must be an internal struggle to restrain from rummaging through that lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread