ScubaDetector
Silver Member
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2016
- Messages
- 3,689
- Reaction score
- 8,247
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Port Huron MI
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- 2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This last summer I THOUGHT I was digging up another Mark 1 practice bomb from WW1. For those that know my escapades I have found 5 of the critters now. For those that do not know about my fun and adventure, just google Port Huron bomb.
Anyway, I was talking to a friend yesterday and showing him one of my critters and telling him about the one I was digging up last summer but after digging about a foot down all I succeeded in doing is pulling off the tail cone and fins. I took it home and put it on my porch and marked the spot the bomb is at with my GPS. I went out on the porch last night and got the fins to show him. Then I realized I did NOT find another Mark 1 practice bomb. Anybody else see the difference?
So now I am wondering what the heck I have in the lake. A newer practice bomb, a Mark 2 or possibly a live Mark 1.
Wondering if anyone has a clue before I go digging this critter up!

Anyway, I was talking to a friend yesterday and showing him one of my critters and telling him about the one I was digging up last summer but after digging about a foot down all I succeeded in doing is pulling off the tail cone and fins. I took it home and put it on my porch and marked the spot the bomb is at with my GPS. I went out on the porch last night and got the fins to show him. Then I realized I did NOT find another Mark 1 practice bomb. Anybody else see the difference?
So now I am wondering what the heck I have in the lake. A newer practice bomb, a Mark 2 or possibly a live Mark 1.
Wondering if anyone has a clue before I go digging this critter up!








