ARE YOU SERIOUSE????

Diabla

Dec 17, 2010
OK, so I have searched coin rolls off and on for a few years, pretty much by just asking the tellers for halfs when I go in to do my usual banking, occassionally was finding a silver or so if they happen to have any 1/2's most of the time they don't anymore...at one point I even started ordering a few boxes of 1/2's from a couple banks - however this all resulted in ALL SKUNKS- never got anything from a box.. I used to find a silver seldom in hand rolled coins, now I NEVER EVER do... over and over again IF I get some 1/2's theres no silver at all... once I ordered dimes and quarters boxes thinking there just had to be something in it- NOTHING after all that work - ALL SKUNKS...... I know its meant to be a fun hobby, but seriously its running dry, theres nothing left to find....... I found this site last week, its pretty interesting and i enjoyed reading it but I read about your finds over and over again, and I wonder HOW CAN IT BE?? SERIOUSLY??? Are you really finding stuff or is it made up to keep the dream and hopes going? I have yet to ever find a walker or ben.... Because its dry over here, there is nothing.....Anyone in W.A.? thats where I am and I cant find anything... except about 15-20% copper in pennies, at least that is still there...
Truthfully I get a little embarassed to ask for the rolls...... " HI, do you have any Eisenhowers dollar coins?" ... "NO" .......... " Well, Do you have any 1/2 dollars? " ....... "NO" .... " Oh... hmm.. well do you have........." I get embarrassed asking...... and even more when I ask for full BOXES of anything... I get the weird look followed by " What do you need all those coins for? ".... "Uhhh....... Ummm.....uhhhhh..... "My husband asked me to get them!?!?"
I was encouraged by the site, so today i went hunting, ALL DAY about 15 banks hit, ALL said no to the eisenhowers, but I got about $250 in halfs all together scattered throughout the banks, i can report I found ONE lonely silver, only a 40%.. AMAZING tho! ONE - and it only took all day ... !!!! ... this is the 1st silver in months but i spent all day doing it... I get at least a handful of 1/2's weekly from a few banks and its always NOTHING anymore... Please any tips? Is there something I am doing wrong? You think its my area? Any tips on increasing the chances? I dont know how you guys are doing it.. i feel like those days are long gone and over... dry... dry..dry...Thanks!

Upvote 0
Well I definately wasn't looking to offend anyone on here.. lol.... thanks for your replies anyhow... I am still waiting for a box of 1/2's to come in this week that I had ordered the other day, and I orderd another 2 from another bank yesterday.....but I'm not holding my breath.. just curious what will find since it had been while since i ordered boxes...
I did let temptation get the best of me yesterday as i was at the bank doing my usuals..... I asked for a box of dimes....and then one quarters..... got home and SKUNKS... of course I figured..the worst part is that i did actually have to reroll them all back up to get rid of them quickly today ( need the cash! ) ..... Oh well, hopefully those halfs later on will pay off, and yes i do save those darn little drummer boy quarters... *hehe* ... so not a complete waste for me on those quarters... I found 10 drummer boy keepers! More than i'd find in my loose change all year otherwise! :laughing7:
Otherwise still hand picking thru the bags of pennies... lol... never have found moer than a few wheaties and a few random non US coins.... we have a few full bags of coppers now we've gathered up, we notice the coppers are also slowly dwindling down as well....but we'll keep picking for now......

Anyhow, do love the site.. glad others are still finding good stuff in their area.... glad to find some motivation again and give all this another try since i had given up on silver...... I will keep you posted on how those 1/2's go :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back