What's new

Are you wasting hundreds of hours per year?

David Derricks

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a strong title for a strong topic.

I'm the new guy here and the best way I've found to make friends is to give back to the community. :hello:

I'm not the most eloquent speaker in the world, the video isn't edited to perfection, but it does contain information worth its weight in gold.

Due to youtube's low video quality I recommend you view the video on 720p HD.

 
Last edited:
don't want to waste 14 minutes watching a video. The title sounds like an infomercial
 
don't want to waste 14 minutes watching a video. The title sounds like an infomercial

I appreciate your reply jeff, my intent wasn't to turn people off by using a strong title, it was chosen to draw attention because I feel the video can make a huge difference in the way people use the computer and go about doing their metal detecting research.
 
I appreciate the video. I knew most of the commands, but a few were new to me. If you spend a lot of time on the computer, the very small tricks can save LOTS of time.

73,
WM
 
I appreciate the video. I knew most of the commands, but a few were new to me. If you spend a lot of time on the computer, the very small tricks can save LOTS of time.

73,
WM

You're very welcome man. As I said, it might not seem like much, but saving .25 to 3 seconds on every time you perform an action is significant long term.

For example, the ctrl + l command I perform literally 40-100 times a day. I'd estimate it takes me 1 second to do (I'm pretty quick with a mouse, I'd imagine for most it'd be around 2 seconds) it manually if you factor in me returning my hand to the keyboard after using the mouse.

Let's just use 65 times a day as an example.

.75 seconds saved x 65 = 48.75 seconds per day x 365 = 177793 seconds per year or 4.94 hours per year, that's a significant amount of time from just one command and there are about 15 or so I use. 8-)
 
Last edited:
I I had an extra 49 hours a year, I might spend it drinking or smoking or chasing women. Worse, I might just waste it!
 
Your maths are a little off...17,793 seconds and is 4.94 hours.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, it was a mistake with my math, I thought it looked a little funny and then I went back and corrected it shortly after.
 
Welcome and thanks for the contribution.
 
Interesting video. I waste a lot of time at work. Could be out detecting or "playing" with my toys. Or some other such thing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom