Are you wasting hundreds of hours per year?

Feb 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a strong title for a strong topic.

I'm the new guy here and the best way I've found to make friends is to give back to the community. :hello:

I'm not the most eloquent speaker in the world, the video isn't edited to perfection, but it does contain information worth its weight in gold.

Due to youtube's low video quality I recommend you view the video on 720p HD.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't want to waste 14 minutes watching a video. The title sounds like an infomercial

OP
OP
D
Feb 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't want to waste 14 minutes watching a video. The title sounds like an infomercial

I appreciate your reply jeff, my intent wasn't to turn people off by using a strong title, it was chosen to draw attention because I feel the video can make a huge difference in the way people use the computer and go about doing their metal detecting research.

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the video. I knew most of the commands, but a few were new to me. If you spend a lot of time on the computer, the very small tricks can save LOTS of time.

WM

OP
OP
D
Feb 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the video. I knew most of the commands, but a few were new to me. If you spend a lot of time on the computer, the very small tricks can save LOTS of time.

WM

You're very welcome man. As I said, it might not seem like much, but saving .25 to 3 seconds on every time you perform an action is significant long term.

For example, the ctrl + l command I perform literally 40-100 times a day. I'd estimate it takes me 1 second to do (I'm pretty quick with a mouse, I'd imagine for most it'd be around 2 seconds) it manually if you factor in me returning my hand to the keyboard after using the mouse.

Let's just use 65 times a day as an example.

.75 seconds saved x 65 = 48.75 seconds per day x 365 = 177793 seconds per year or 4.94 hours per year, that's a significant amount of time from just one command and there are about 15 or so I use. 8-)

Last edited:

Pork King

Jan 27, 2013
North Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter Ultra Mag
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I I had an extra 49 hours a year, I might spend it drinking or smoking or chasing women. Worse, I might just waste it!

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your maths are a little off...17,793 seconds and is 4.94 hours.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Feb 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it was a mistake with my math, I thought it looked a little funny and then I went back and corrected it shortly after.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome and thanks for the contribution.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting video. I waste a lot of time at work. Could be out detecting or "playing" with my toys. Or some other such thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread