What's new

Areas to hunt

Akhuntr

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
For all those who hunt in the Hattiesburg area, have you had any problems hunting schools and old parks? Also, how are the local land owners (in general) attitud toward MDer's? I anyone wants to contact me feel free to contact me at akhuntr@aol.com
 
I have never had any problems at the schools, parks or other areas. The only places I know that are off limits would be the grounds of city and country office buildings, Paul B. Johnson State Park and graveyards. I have always asked permission of private land owners and they usually just what to see what you find. I have a permission form that I take if they want to have some kind of documentation. I think I still have it on 'word format'. I will be glad to email it to you. If there is any question about legal issues or permission, always find out. Most of the time a phone call will get you a yes or no. Easier for me to ask for permission, instead of forgiveness.
 
That would be great. It would be great to have something in writting. I live here in Hattiesburg but I work on the North Slope of Alaska (where the Alaskan Pipeline starts). I work for 2 weeks and I'm off for 2 weeks. With that said I leave tomorrow to go back to work, which sucks becuase I have located some very promissing locations. Oh, well they will have to wait until I get back.
 
In your other thread I told you a few places that I would hunt if I still lived in the area. Most of the property I told you about is on Masonite Land and not posted. I think it easer to ask for forgiveness than permission myself, never hunt posted areas though, or historical sites. In the same area that I was telling you about I own 20 acres. It has an old worn down home and a dug well. The same area has an old logging rail that ran into it, and many camps. Back when I lived in the area we would find lots of arrowheads in the fields after we disc with a tractor and a after a rain.

Well you never know who you …………..

Good Luck, oh and welcome to t-net.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom