Argos

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Yes I have spent some time in an argo and can give you a little info..... First of all I used one in the thoughts of making it my transport to and from my icefishing spots so my opinion is based on that. The things I did'nt like about the Argo were that the sides were too high for easy entrance and exit, having heavy boots on and alot of clothing made this a real pain! those high sides are needed as it also floats so I could'nt figuire a way out of that problem. Then its incredibly slow! top speed of I think 22 mph, on a long run of 5 to 15 miles it took forever to get there where a four wheeler would fly by me. The control sticks used to steer the craft were located in the middle of the machine making it awkward and uncomfortable to drive when there was another passenger in the front. I also tested it by driving it onto thin ice so it would fall through and see if it could crawl out.....failed miserably! All in all I think its alot of money for a machine that does little and has some poor engineering. I would advise anyone to save their money and purchase a 4 wheeler or one of the new six wheel side by sides that most good manufacture's are offering now

just my humble opinion

Slipperyjack47

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend of mine is constantly pulling out the neighbors 6x6 argo with his rhino, from a multitude of situations in various terrain.

KEVTEC

Apr 19, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V-3 upgraded to V3I W/ SEF 15X12 Butterfly coil, White's Vision upgraded to V3I W 12 in coil, Minelab Excaliber II, Minelab E Trac, Minelab GPX 5000, Discovery TF 900 2 box, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
I have had 3 Argo 8 wheelers since 86. Over priced junk. Doesn't take long for the chains to stretch out on the driveline and are a double roller #50 not cheap. No ground clearance, destroys ground when turning cause you lock up 4 wheels to have a zero turn radius. The 8 wheeler claims to hold 6 passengers on land and 4 in water. You can't steer it with a passenger in the front seat, not enough room. Finally, almost everything maintenance has to be bought through an Argo dealer which is as high as a giraffes neck. And don't forget a whopping 22mph top speed!!! LMAO

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a apex 6 wheeler years ago and what a mistake that was, i know what you are saying no ground clearence, the darn thing would get cought on hen turd, you had better chances with a garden tractor with the mower deck on than with this thing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread