ArkieBassMan
Silver Member
Arkie goes Christmas shoppin' and bank hoppin'
I had a couple of Christmas gifts to go to complete my shopping. Since I would be travelling right past some banks, I decided to hit a few hoping to hit that "Christmas time cashed in collection." Like I need an excuse to do a little CRHing!
I scored a couple of 40%ers on my first stop, and Christmas shopping instantly fell to second on the priority list.
I learned a few things I did not know, and I think I picked up an extra dump bank. I will explain more below. I didn't keep my usual bank-by-bank statistics as I really hadn't planned on stopping at as many banks as I did. I probably hit 20-25 banks, all of which I had been to at least once prior - some multiple times as they're close to home. I found $135 in halves and 23 Ikes in loose & handrolled. I was also able to score 2 bags (1 from a bank that I didn't even know had a coin counter) containing $726.50 and $791.50.
The loose/handrolled produced 5 40%. The Ikes were all clad.
The $726.50 bag produced my 3rd Walker from CRHing ('41D), 1 '64 Ken, and 3 40%
The $791.50 bag gave up 1 '64 Ken, 7 40%, 1 silver Canadian half (1960 - first I have ever seen), and 3 foreigns: 1994 100 LEI (Romania), 1970 French 5 Franc, 1974 British? 10 New Pence
I stopped at a bank and learned they had a coin counter (another I did not know about). I tried to buy the bag to no avail. I spent about 15 minutes talking to the manager. First I assured him that he, nor any other branch of his bank would get the coins back. No dice. I offered to finish filling the bag and then buy it. No dice. I even offered to move a high 5 figure CD to his bank when it matures next month for bag buying privileges. Still no go. He was very nice about it, but there was just no changing his mind. They have free checking, so since I can't score any halves there anyway, I believe I'll use it as a new dump bank...just so I can lessen the burden on my weekly dump bank.
Not a huge score by any means, but considering my normal road trip covers 250-350 miles and I maybe drove only 15-20 extra miles today, I'm happy!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!!
I had a couple of Christmas gifts to go to complete my shopping. Since I would be travelling right past some banks, I decided to hit a few hoping to hit that "Christmas time cashed in collection." Like I need an excuse to do a little CRHing!
I scored a couple of 40%ers on my first stop, and Christmas shopping instantly fell to second on the priority list.
I learned a few things I did not know, and I think I picked up an extra dump bank. I will explain more below. I didn't keep my usual bank-by-bank statistics as I really hadn't planned on stopping at as many banks as I did. I probably hit 20-25 banks, all of which I had been to at least once prior - some multiple times as they're close to home. I found $135 in halves and 23 Ikes in loose & handrolled. I was also able to score 2 bags (1 from a bank that I didn't even know had a coin counter) containing $726.50 and $791.50.The loose/handrolled produced 5 40%. The Ikes were all clad.
The $726.50 bag produced my 3rd Walker from CRHing ('41D), 1 '64 Ken, and 3 40%
The $791.50 bag gave up 1 '64 Ken, 7 40%, 1 silver Canadian half (1960 - first I have ever seen), and 3 foreigns: 1994 100 LEI (Romania), 1970 French 5 Franc, 1974 British? 10 New Pence
I stopped at a bank and learned they had a coin counter (another I did not know about). I tried to buy the bag to no avail. I spent about 15 minutes talking to the manager. First I assured him that he, nor any other branch of his bank would get the coins back. No dice. I offered to finish filling the bag and then buy it. No dice. I even offered to move a high 5 figure CD to his bank when it matures next month for bag buying privileges. Still no go. He was very nice about it, but there was just no changing his mind. They have free checking, so since I can't score any halves there anyway, I believe I'll use it as a new dump bank...just so I can lessen the burden on my weekly dump bank.
Not a huge score by any means, but considering my normal road trip covers 250-350 miles and I maybe drove only 15-20 extra miles today, I'm happy!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!!
Upvote
0








