Around the place and a thief.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
16053344-10E0-4ABF-A332-9C10CC158A5D.jpeg

Putting a new roof on my woodshed. Using recycled heavy gauge galvanized metal sheeting. Got the metal from an old building being torn down. Had to do some straightening and pugging of old screw holes, but worked pretty good.

6A65B6EB-1E30-4EA0-A63E-F819393C3C71.jpeg

Little harvest from the garden for dinner and storage. Small white onions, patty pan (silver dollar) squash, big beef tomatoes, zucchini, and yellow plums. The jar holds a soil sample, I’m testing, from my sons garden in Livermore. Lot of clay.

FF2E1B53-6D4D-4A06-9C86-CFA195A4535D.jpeg

Remember my redwood slab cutting photos? Everything got stolen while I was visiting my sons a couple weeks ago. A nice Husqvarna saw and Alaska Mill, Makita drill and large battery and other tools. Then whoever went to my old cabin and kicked in the back door. A quite old 3 panel antique door. Just typical house stuff in the cabin so not much was taken but……….

These we’re some of the tools for enjoying my recent retirement after many years of hard work. It’s discouraging to say the least. Otherwise life is good.
Mike

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2042038
Putting a new roof on my woodshed. Using recycled heavy gauge galvanized metal sheeting. Got the metal from an old building being torn down. Had to do some straightening and pugging of old screw holes, but worked pretty good.

View attachment 2042039
Little harvest from the garden for dinner and storage. Small white onions, patty pan (silver dollar) squash, big beef tomatoes, zucchini, and yellow plums. The jar holds a soil sample, I’m testing, from my sons garden in Livermore. Lot of clay.

View attachment 2042040
Remember my redwood slab cutting photos? Everything got stolen while I was visiting my sons a couple weeks ago. A nice Husqvarna saw and Alaska Mill, Makita drill and large battery and other tools. Then whoever went to my old cabin and kicked in the back door. A quite old 3 panel antique door. Just typical house stuff in the cabin so not much was taken but……….

These we’re some of the tools for enjoying my recent retirement after many years of hard work. It’s discouraging to say the least. Otherwise life is good.
Mike
I do milling of cuban mahogany trees with the same Alaskan mill and Husqvarna saw. I once paused while cutting a tree for some water.....I walked in the house and got a drink.....all of a sudden I hear yelling outside. I walk out and my neighbor is wrestling with some guy who has my saw and mill in his hand.....my neighbor is trying to pull the saw out of the thiefs hands as he trys to throw my saw in his van. When I got out there he gave it up, and tried to get back in his van....I blocked his entry with an open hand slap to the face. I threatened beating him to a pulp, but eventually we let this arse go.....he was lucky to get away with just a slap. My neighbor said there was no way he was getting that saw !! Were a tight community down here.....as the would be theif learned the hard way.

So sorry you had your slabbing rig stolen....what a piece of .... well you know what I mean. Hope you can recoup that loss and continue on with another mill !!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks big time delnorter. Be cool if we could all get together and go hunt the thieves down. Might teach them a lesson.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do milling of cuban mahogany trees with the same Alaskan mill and Husqvarna saw. I once paused while cutting a tree for some water.....I walked in the house and got a drink.....all of a sudden I hear yelling outside. I walk out and my neighbor is wrestling with some guy who has my saw and mill in his hand.....my neighbor is trying to pull the saw out of the thiefs hands as he trys to throw my saw in his van. When I got out there he gave it up, and tried to get back in his van....I blocked his entry with an open hand slap to the face. I threatened beating him to a pulp, but eventually we let this arse go.....he was lucky to get away with just a slap. My neighbor said there was no way he was getting that saw !! Were a tight community down here.....as the would be theif learned the hard way.

So sorry you had your slabbing rig stolen....what a piece of .... well you know what I mean. Hope you can recoup that loss and continue on with another mill !!
You just gave him a slap!?!? Should've broken his hands! It's called crime prevention. Broken hands = can't steal ,= crime prevented......

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just gave him a slap!?!? Should've broken his hands! It's called crime prevention. Broken hands = can't steal ,= crime prevented......
This dude was ready....I barley got the slap in.....he was darting around and very worried about 2on one....we let him jump in and drive off. I've never left that saw that close to the road ever again !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey delnorter......I have a spare chainsaw mill....used but in working condition. I could break it down and send it to ya if ya want ? Its just sitting here right now.

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very kind of you Blak bart, but please hold off on that. I’m kinda going through all my “retirement dreams” and figuring out where I’m headed. At 71 years old I need to evaluate my abilities and desires. This incident was a wake-up to what’s important.
Again, thank you for your kindness, I see why you and your children are always smiling in your photos.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread