OhioMetalMaven

Nov 6, 2021
Western Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace Apex & Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello! I’m new to the site, and one year in to my metal detecting passion. I’m from western Ohio and spend my free time detecting our homestead which has part of an 1850’s (approximation) cabin built into years of additions.
How I started: I had wanted a metal detector since I was a young girl (I’m 43 now). I always assumed they were a costly endeavor that I’d never get to enjoy. I was wrong, obviously. Now that my two sons are grown I finally have time for myself. So, I decided to start my metal detecting journey.
I purchased my first machine at an auction for $2. It’s a vintage Coinmaster. Let’s just say it was fun to begin with, but I was glad to upgrade.
Then I purchased an off-brand machine from Amazon for $60. I found a lot of cool stuff with that machine and it helped me to decide I was truly going to continue with the hobby.
My husband surprised me with a Garrett Ace 400 this past July (2021). I love that machine. I call her Wanda.
My next machine will be either a Garrett AT Pro or one in the Minelab family. Not sure yet.
I am already a lifelong rockhound and native tool & artifact hunter. So, adding metal detecting was a wise choice.
Hopefully sometime soon I can find a club to join or a buddy to detect with. I have multiple permissions for old homesites, but I’m still getting to know Wanda. So I’ve put those off for spring.
I’ve rambled enough. I’m just glad to find a place for someone like me to talk about what I love and meet others who enjoy the hobby as much as I do.
I look forward to learning from everyone and I’ll see you in the forums.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
OhioMetalMaven

OhioMetalMaven

Nov 6, 2021
Western Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace Apex & Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks,I had a very close friend from Lyon when we were in the Marines together.Lyon is closer to Toledo and North of you I think.Real small place.
My oldest son is a Devil Dog. He enlisted on his 17th birthday and shipped out 2 months later. Thank you for your service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread