What's new

Around Twin Lakes CO

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checking out the area since it's such a nice spring day in the middle of winter here in the high country. The visitor center in Twin Lakes was at one time the Red Rooster Tavern, also the local house of ill repute, where you could find a little female companionship if you weren't too particular, I suppose. We just don't have the snow yet, but of course our snowier months are usually in early spring.
1-21aaa.webp
1-21bbb.webp
1-21ccc.webp
1-21ddd.webp
1-21eee.webp
 
That's the Box Creek mining district Chili. A little over a hundred years ago a dredge boat operated down that valley and took out 39,000 ounces of gold. Those buildings are from the original operation. About 6 years ago a company opened up a large scale placer operation here. I was able to walk down and look those buildings over up close before the placer mining went in, and although it's not posted they may not want people in there now. They're gettin closer to them, but I hope they leave the buildings alone. I have no idea what they're producing, but it must be a paying operation, seeing all the heavy equipment they have.
 
That's the Box Creek mining district Chili. A little over a hundred years ago a dredge boat operated down that valley and took out 39,000 ounces of gold. Those buildings are from the original operation. About 6 years ago a company opened up a large scale placer operation here. I was able to walk down and look those buildings over up close before the placer mining went in, and although it's not posted they may not want people in there now. They're gettin closer to them, but I hope they leave the buildings alone. I have no idea what they're producing, but it must be a paying operation, seeing all the heavy equipment they have.



Do you know if the operated 'down' or 'up' the valley??
 
cyzak got it. I should have said 'in that valley' cause I didn't really know if they went down or up at the time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom