What's new

ARRGH! Comparative MD shopping overload!

Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
364
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
So I'm nearly ready to pull the trigger on purchasing my first MD.


I THOUGHT I had settled on a Whites MXT.
But then I wandered into the Metal Detectors Reviews forum and my world is all topsy-turvey now!

I live in a region with lots of hot rocks and mineralized soil. I am not too much a park hunter, but old homestead, fields, school, RR activity, etc... hunter.
I'm desire coin & jewelry over relics.
I desire a machine that demonstrates GOOD iron masking and good depth.
Under $1,000.


Is that impossible? Minelab people tout Minelabs for the iron masking and depth. White's people adore their White's. Tons of Tesoro fans out there as well!
I want to get hunting as soon as possible....but I want to make sure the the most critical investment is a good one that satisfies my needs!


Who else is a victim of comparative shopping overload??????


-
 
Well I will tell you this much I love my Garrett ace 250 after getting it back from the factory and the reconditioned it meaning did what they had to do I can not wait to get nback out there today is rain so ill have to wait its a busy weekend ahead so ill not get out till next week sometime

www.garrett.com

The best choice for me
 
I like the Whites detectors.....Matt
 
I use both Whites and Minelab and have to say that the Minelab outperforms the Whites that you are looking into by far. Not sure about the new White's Vision though. Have been reading a bit of what people are saying about that and it seems White's has made significant improvements.
 
Gary i don't think you can go wrong with the Mxt, lot of people with exp. on it and at least one good book, you have to start some where. i personally haven't put much faith in those reviews some good and bad, seems some people go off on a machine without putting in the time. i like the info here and on finds to weed through, for my own info. i spent plenty of time looking for my bang for my buck when i finally choose the whites QXT, great machine but kind of an oddball and had a hard time finding info on it, sold it for something more common, now that I've try-ed a few machines looking for another QXT to go with my T-2, good relic machines
 
No matter which brand as long as its a quality unit---- It will come down down to how proficient the operator is. I can relate though I call it "analysis paralysis"
 
"I can relate though I call it "analysis paralysis"

I agree completely. The way I heard it was "Paralysis by analysis" but we are talking about the same thing.

Jerry
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom