What's new

✅ SOLVED Arrow Head Finds and something else...

QuarterMaster

Full Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2012
Messages
173
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to Iowa over the weekend and did some artifact hunting at a place that has produced very well in the past. Found several arrow heads and one item Im not quite sure about..could be a hide scraper but I don't think so. What do you all think?
Arrow Heads.webp2012-05-01_09-30-07_233.webpwhat is this?
Shaft View.webpShaft view
Side View.webpside view
Top View.webptop view
 
My first thought was "hide scraper". Why don't you think so?

I was at Jamestown on the weekend and actually did some hide scraping. We used an oyster shell (as the locals did back then) which is basically the same shape as your item.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
It's kind of small and it looks like it was maybe attached to something at some point in time. The only other scrapers I have found were much thinner and larger.
 
Upvote 0
Im calling this solved with hide scraper.
 
Upvote 0
I'll go with what is called in the upstate of S.C. as a "A clam shell Scrapper" go figure!....:hello2:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom