Arrow Head while digging hole...

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in my own yard, ive been metal detecting it for a while now, and still finding random stuff... While metal detecting one area, i found something sticking out of the ground, so i (atempted) to dig it, (still didnt get object out, goes deep in) and found this in the dirt while digging, the most indian artifacts I've found consist of 2 very small pieces of flint. And now in my own yard i find this!

IMG_0181.JPGIMG_0182.JPGIMG_0183.JPG

Upvote 1
Im sorry, i cant agree with you, there is. no. flint. in this area that is natural, you obviously do not know where i live very well if you think its natural.

What you said would make sense, in west ga, north ga, but in deep south east georgia, than no.
Obviously I don't know where you live, I do know it isn't an artifact. You say you have only found 2 pieces of flint prior to this, I hunted artifacts for over 20 years in the fields, creeks and streams in Missouri and found well over a thousand true artifacts. Your hung up on pointed rocks being artifacts.

Obviously I don't know where you live, I do know it isn't an artifact. You say you have only found 2 pieces of flint prior to this, I hunted artifacts for over 20 years in the fields, creeks and streams in Missouri and found well over a thousand true artifacts. Your hung up on pointed rocks being artifacts.

you still arent grasping it are you? this isnt found naturually, it was brought here. Comprehend this. there is no natural flint where i am, theres no natural rocks really, indians were all over where i am, and it just so happens that someone brought pointy flint here? i wont continue this. you are beyond reasoning.

Im sorry, i cant agree with you, there is. no. flint. in this area that is natural, you obviously do not know where i live very well if you think its natural.

What you said would make sense, in west ga, north ga, but in deep south east georgia, than no.

Hi Believe as you wish Ive collected these artifacts for years that is not an arrowhead. Sorry but it is what it is and it aint no arrowhead.

you still arent grasping it are you? this isnt found naturually, it was brought here. Comprehend this. there is no natural flint where i am, theres no natural rocks really, indians were all over where i am, and it just so happens that someone brought pointy flint here? i wont continue this. you are beyond reasoning.
Told you I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm' trying to help. I have found over a thousand artifacts in my lifetime. It helps no one to encourage people to think a pointed rock is an artifact when it is just a rock, they learn nothing that way....

Told you I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm' trying to help. I have found over a thousand artifacts in my lifetime. It helps no one to encourage people to think a pointed rock is an artifact when it is just a rock, they learn nothing that way....

Ok fine, ill accept your knowledge, just explain why a giant piece of flint is 238miles from the nearest flint source, just answer that and ill believe you.

And you dont think that maybe it was the start of one or something?

Ok fine, ill accept your knowledge, just explain why a giant piece of flint is 238miles from the nearest flint source, just answer that and ill believe you.

Explain to me why a pointed rock that has no signs of ever being worked by man is an artifact.?

Look at it this way , I have an egg in my refrigerator that could be the start of a cake and the chicken who laid the egg lives far away.

Explain to me why a pointed rock that has no signs of ever being worked by man is an artifact.?

but it does, bunch of tiny chips along the edges, and 2-3 big chips on the other side, i wans tbeing sarcastic when i said that comment either. so why are bringing up the artifact aspect again? i was saying just now that why is it there in the first place, not saying it sarcastically..

OK I cry uncle tried telling you from experience and tried to make a joke. How's this it is an arrowhead.

OK I cry uncle tried telling you from experience and tried to make a joke. How's this it is an arrowhead.

What are you talking about? i literally said in a post, that "ok fine, i believe your knowledge" and i get hate for not believeing him??? all i wanted to know is how it got there, that is all.... im not doubting him now!! ok??

but it does, bunch of tiny chips along the edges, and 2-3 big chips on the other side, i wans tbeing sarcastic when i said that comment either. so why are bringing up the artifact aspect again? i was saying just now that why is it there in the first place, not saying it sarcastically..
The chips are caused by nature, not by man...

Well IG I see your point.. Sorta

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

received_10202533511688099.jpeg

Not sure wat they where making here found in a hole wile metal detecting

I've looked at all your photos and I'm going with the "It isn't a worked point/artifact" Now this only seen through the eyes of one that has been picking them up for 50yrs. There's a lot of experience folks that are saying nay, and you just have to believe them. It's not uncommon for a rock to be picked up by a kid/person on holidays brought home to only discover the piece is just a piece of flint and it's tossed/lost. This one hard to see in the crop fodder.

IMG_20151115_191414225_HDR.jpgIMG_20151115_191406937_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back