Arrow Head while digging hole...

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in my own yard, ive been metal detecting it for a while now, and still finding random stuff... While metal detecting one area, i found something sticking out of the ground, so i (atempted) to dig it, (still didnt get object out, goes deep in) and found this in the dirt while digging, the most indian artifacts I've found consist of 2 very small pieces of flint. And now in my own yard i find this!

IMG_0181.JPGIMG_0182.JPGIMG_0183.JPG

Upvote 1
You have been blessed with some really good and profound commentaries...

And it definitely takes time for a person to become familiar with a man-worked rock as a tool or implement...

Often what is found are classified as "Leverites, JUSTA or JAFR's"...and simply others are just plain sex rocks...

These terms too, will become quite familiar, as well....

Treasure_Hunter referred to your find as a JUSTA....Just-A-Rock...a wannabe natural stone

Last edited:
This thread is the opportunity I've been waiting for for the perfect execution.
Thanks for your defiance, OP. It made this easy for me.

uploadfromtaptalk1447633845693.jpg

~Tejaas~

Last edited:
WE LIVE WE LEARN AND IF YOU WANT THE TRUTH , THEN TNETS THE PLACE BE . I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS , BUT COOL LOOKING FIND ..

Flint is actually a chert and south Ga has some spectacular coastal cherts. If you google your county you might find like examples of the material or not. Just because you have not seen the material does not mean it is not there. That does not appear to be a tool though.Many times what appears to be percussion flakes or reduction flakes can be caused by erosion or shifting soils even old dozer work.If you wanted to go a step further use high magnification in the flaked area and see if the patina remains the same in the fracture. Hope this helps you in finding out the material. South Ga is rich in ancient artifacts.
Here is a brief article describing Silica groups Flint vs. Chert....whats the difference?

Your piece is an artifact. Just not native American. There are tool marks.. You will notice the number 75 at the bottom of your first picture. End of story!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Your piece is an artifact. Just not native American. There are tool marks.. You will notice the number 75 at the bottom of your first picture. End of story!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

first post first picture? or a later post?

Best. Thread. Ever.

Its an arrow, no its a rock, arrow, rock, arrow, rock
something about native indians driving trucks full of flint
arrow, rock, arrow, rock, arrow, rock ...

Im dying laughing over here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back