Arrowhead Age? What is it? How Old ?

I found this Arrowhead in Idaho, near fairfeild 2 days ago. Whats it worth, how old?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Era

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

marvswk

Attachments

• DSCN4636 copy.JPG
    DSCN4636 copy.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 461
  • DSCN4636 copy.JPG
    DSCN4636 copy.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 460
  • DSCN4636 copy.JPG
    DSCN4636 copy.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 445

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
I'm not the Guru on this but, it might be kind of tough not being able to see the base of the point.
it looks from here it's broken off. Plus I'm sure knowing roughly the area found will help too.

I thought it might be Woodland era but, how can you really tell.

Let's hope one of the pro's will pick up on this......

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
I think dating this one is going to require much more than these pics. It may take dating the site and a LOT of research. Cool find though.
~Nashoba~

B

Brush Creek

I find arrow heads at old home sites that are probably brought home from the Fields by kids a long time ago.
I bet there where some good arrow heads and stuff found 200 years ago by farmers.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may not be an arrowhead, or spearhead, it could easily be a knife. With both ends broke it is impossible to say for sure. It does have what appears to be good patina on the top left side.

For it to be worth much it would have to be whole, or at least 95% of it be there. A few knicks will lower the price some, broken pieces lose almost all of the value except to the finder.

Here is a link to one of the BEST if not the best dealer in true authentic artifacts. I have dealt with TxDigger (Bill) for over 8 years, never in that time has anyone complained about a single point of his.

http://www.txdigger.com/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread