What's new

artifact help

SONYAB

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20181127_085008.webp
 
How many people does it take to lift it?

(Welcome - if you give some indication of size and maybe another view it would help a bunch).
 
Upvote 0
Also, give us some indication of the material it's made of, and the type of site where it was found. Welcome to Tnet!
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Could you determine its weight? place a ruler next to the object in both directions (length and width). Please take photos from the three directions.

Good Luck on your quest :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
I think it looks like a Mortise lock part.
 

Attachments

  • mortise lock parts.webp
    mortise lock parts.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0
more pics would help
 
Upvote 0
Welcome also from MI Tommy
 
Upvote 0
IMG_20181127_154749.webpIMG_20181127_154527.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20181127_154846.webp
    IMG_20181127_154846.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
i found this in the river of private property it is made of rock and weights about one half pound
 
Upvote 0
Very interesting. There may actually be something up with this. Similar, though I didn't come up with a match, are the stone weights used on the atlatl to "load" the throwers arm muscles up to lanch the large dart. Right material, right size, almost the right shape. Could be a regional thing. Worth asking at a museum, perhaps.

Prehistoric-American-Indian-Stone-Artifacts-015.jpg


hafted-build-j-johnson-lg.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Welcome Sonya!

I echo Charlie P.!

I thought atlatl too!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like someone started making a knife and the fire went out. Welcome to Tnet.
 
Upvote 0
Sorry, I disagree. Wrong shape and looks too big and brittle, no tie off marks either.
It is a very interesting find though.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom