Artifact lamp

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20221009_110540.jpg
Artifact lamp I made with some of my broken stuff I have in boxes in the garage.

Upvote 35

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic looking thanks for sharing

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you sort by material? Or are the areas you hunt just very consistent in raw material used
Most of these are from Alachua & Marion County. The predominant material is Coastal Plains/Ocala Chert. It all tends to be whitish with inclusions. Picked up in the 70's& 80's. Some of them are true heartbreakers.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2049808 Artifact lamp I made with some of my broken stuff I have in boxes in the garage.
That is really sharp looking. No pun intended. I am surprised we don't see some points, etc., here on the Treasure Coast. Are you familiar with what kind of armament the original Florida tribes used? There are about 10-11 named tribes native to FL. The Ais being the first encountered here by the first Spanish explorers along the Indian River.

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is really sharp looking. No pun intended. I am surprised we don't see some points, etc., here on the Treasure Coast. Are you familiar with what kind of armament the original Florida tribes used? There are about 10-11 named tribes native to FL. The Ais being the first encountered here by the first Spanish explorers along the Indian River.
I'm just north of you on the Space Coast. Knappable stone is extremely rare over on our coast so finding points is rare. I've only found 2 brokes over here ever and they were resharpened to nubs. I have found some shell artifacts near Titusville and there are pottery sherds along the freshwater. The Ais were predominant in this area.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea. I always thought a foyer or entry way floor inlaid with artifacts like tile would be cool.Stopped at Micheals the other day for shadow boxes and boy have they gone up. I passed. I like doing frames with broken pottery bit especially ones with patterns.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noe that, I like. Nice job. I can see your idea being used with keys, marbles or ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread