Artifact what is it?

Indianwannabe

Oct 9, 2018
Glasford IL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this flint in illinois, Peoria county

2 3/4" wide, approximately 1" thick at the middle, 5 " long. It has perfectly flat face, which I'll describe as the top of a traditional vintage wooden row boat with tarp stretched tight across the top.

And the other face is almost exactly the shape of the bottom of the boat, with a slight ridge running down the middle. The flat face has been knapped to perfection flat and smooth. The edges are not sharp on purpose!

Any ideas?

Indianwannabe

tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard IndianWannabe! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

photo_camera.gif
2nd - When asking for ID help - A picture(s) is worth a zillion words! If you are having problems posting pictures - take a look at: How to post pictures with your story...

tn_moved_over.gif
3rd - I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

Upvote 0
Pics let us know if you need help uploading them

Upvote 0
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

Upvote 0
As Mine Shaft already mentioned, "With out a photo who knows what you've got". :icon_scratch:
Welcome to Tnet, :hello:
Dave

Upvote 0
Cool, welcome from central Massachusetts

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back