What's new

Artifacts, 2 silver coins, A really old dog license tag, and a nice pile of clad

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a compilation of the last 2 afternoon hunts. I found a nice pile of clad, 25 cents,14 dimes, 6 quarters. Also found 8 wheat pennies, 1919,1944,1945s,1946,1952d,1953,1953d, and 1958d. I found a neat eagle August 19, 2015 015.webpAugust 19, 2015 013.webpAugust 19, 2015 012.webpAugust 19, 2015 011.webpAugust 19, 2015 010.webpAugust 19, 2015 009.webpAugust 19, 2015 008.webpAugust 19, 2015 007.webpAugust 19, 2015 006.webpAugust 19, 2015 005.webpAugust 19, 2015 004.webpAugust 19, 2015 003.webpAugust 19, 2015 002.webpAugust 19, 2015 001.webpAugust 19, 2015 014.webp button marked R.Liebmann Mfg Co., Newark, N.J. I believe the button is WW1 Army vintage according to online research. The dog tag license was a nice find as it is marked 1919 Blair County, Pa. The part of a spoon I thought might be silver, but I think it is only silver plate. The 2 silver coins were nice to see in the holes. The merc and the Barber dimes. The Indian head looked good until I cleaned the mud off and found a hole. It must have been used for a charm bracelet or necklace. I think it still looks neat. The horse shoe is the smallest one I have ever seen. I placed a quarter with it for size reference. Any ideas on the possible year on the axe head? The property is mid 1800's. After watching the latest episode of diggers when they found a silver bar, I thought for a second maybe what I found was silver, but it is lead. Bummer! The last item I will post on What Is It?, but if anyone has any ideas I would gladly listen to them. It is the item that looks like wings with holes in them. I also forgot to mention the long item with the quarter below it is a lead bar. When I saw it in the hole, I thought of the last episode of Diggers where they found a silver bar, but mine is definitely lead. I guess I have dragged this out long enough. Keep swinging, and happy hunting.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 20
It's a snow brake for standing seam roof. Looks like a great hunt
 
Congrats on your last 2 hunts. Love the IHPm Barber and Merc. That dog tag is older than any I found.
 
Nice hunt!
Love that old Barber dime!
 
Super hunts and I really like that old dog license.
 
Nice dog license.
You should add it to the dog license thread.
 
Congratz on a couple of great hunts! Weren't lead bars used to cut off chunks to make one's own bullets? Could that be what the lead bar is?
 
Damn good finds, like the old dog tag....:occasion14:
 
That could be a possibility. I think the old time plumbers used lead to seal cast iron sewer pipes too.
Congratz on a couple of great hunts! Weren't lead bars used to cut off chunks to make one's own bullets? Could that be what the lead bar is?
 
Where do I find the dog license threads, rick67? I just found the thread, and posted the picture. Thanks.
Nice dog license.
You should add it to the dog license thread.
 
Last edited:
Great job uncovering history!! Keep up the great work...Brad
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom