Artifacts from century old place; need some help IDing

Turtleman

Feb 8, 2007
NW PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Minelab Explorer II
Folks,
I usually manage 3-5 older coins in a 30 minute lunch break hunt from this place. Today, my off day, I managed only two wheats and some artifacts in 3+ hours. The easy spots are getting fewer each time I hunt.
The wheats are a 1956D (first mintmarked coin from this site after probably 50+ older coins) and 1946. It is weird; I find IH's from 1881-1907 but all the wheats have been 40's and 50's. No early wheats. As far as I know this place saw lots of action in the teens, 20's and 30's, too.
Can anyone ID the bullets and what gun they might have been used in? One of them is a three ringer and the other has some minor grooves that run the length of the bullet. The latter bullet is hollow for a 1/4" inside.
Also, the lead? impression has me confused. It is very detailed but I don't even know which direction is the top of it. The back is very rough making me think it was maybe homemade.
The shotgun shells say, "Winchester, Repeater, 12" and "UMC Nitro 10 (I believe). The cap was one of the first tamper proof caps used and was probably part of a whiskey bottle.
Not the greatest day but still great to be out.
Peace,
T-man

Attachments

• Wheats and bullets.jpg
    Wheats and bullets.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 583
  • Lead impression.jpg
    Lead impression.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Back of Lead impression.jpg
    Back of Lead impression.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 573
  • Shells and cap.jpg
    Shells and cap.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 576
Upvote 0

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Bit of a printing block?

SCMDing

Jan 4, 2007
Rock Hill, SC
shaun7 said:
Bit of a printing block?

LOL, yea, I would say print block as well. Was just assuming that it was and forgot to mention that! I was thinking some sort of mechanical part.

Because it is small, perhaps someone melted a bullet onto something and it left that imprint?

De.Digger

Apr 16, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-trac ,Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree there is a lot of detail, it looks like a lead hot type graphic block

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread