What's new

Artufacts found in the bank of river-Help with identification

danasaur

Full Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2013
Messages
133
Reaction score
244
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alabama
These were found in a ceramic bowl that was located in the bank of the river. I was with a farmer who said that he had been finding stuff there for many years. The river/creek is located near Macon, Georgia. I was with him in 1989. The bowl was broken. Got any suggestions?
 

Attachments

  • image-3439195145.webp
    image-3439195145.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 0
Since they were directly associated with the bowl a description of that bowl would help was the ceramic glazed?
The first thing that came to mind was kiln furniture. ( European)
 
Okay well this is a piece of kiln furniture that was excavated from a kiln that was active in the late 1700's in Hillsborough County North Carolina

sagger_rim.webp
 
Similar, but theses are smoothed and have rounded edges. They are deliberately made. Maybe ceremonial?
 
There are some stones like that used in tumblers to de-bur metal.
 
They look like deburring stones used in mills to smooth edges on metal parts. Very common finds.
 
Dang. They sure make a lot of tumbling and de burring things that fool us all the time.
 
I saw a "Cone" get sold once for some pretty good money that was obviously a deburring stone.
 
I concur with Grim. Look like modern industrial stones.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom