What's new

At last.. found my 1950 wheat penny

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I know I've been complaining about not finding one but finally got one.. a 1950 wheat penny in good condition. Since I started searching pennies, I looked through $2469 in cents before actually getting one. Wow. I have one hole left in my 1941 & after whitman penny holder. I'm just missing a 1941-S. Hopefully it'll show up eventually. I need to find that elusive 69-S doubled die too. ;D
 
Upvote 0
wow!!! ive noticed when i complain all the time about not finding a cerain coin/type of coin i will usually find it pretty soon afterwards.....nice score!!!!! keep it up and hh!
 
SFBayArea said:
I know I've been complaining about not finding one but finally got one.. a 1950 wheat penny in good condition. Since I started searching pennies, I looked through $2469 in cents before actually getting one. Wow. I have one hole left in my 1941 & after whitman penny holder. I'm just missing a 1941-S. Hopefully it'll show up eventually. I need to find that elusive 69-S doubled die too. ;D

You want a 1941S?
 
Congrats! Crossing my fingers on your next needed cent.

apush :read2:
 
CHAINCHOMP said:
wow!!! ive noticed when i complain all the time about not finding a cerain coin/type of coin i will usually find it pretty soon afterwards.....nice score!!!!! keep it up and hh!
Let me complain.... I haven't found a BU 1909-S VDB cent, 1916-D merc, or a 1937-D 3-legged Buff :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Thanks everyone.. despite some individual differences in opinions at time, it's still a great CRH community board.
I'll keep plugging till I fill the folder. Hopefully, I'll get the 1941-S soon.

Just curious, on the 1969-S doubled die. The mintage on the 69-S is 547.3 million so if there's at least 100 of them made. The odds are like 1 in 5.47 million chances of finding one out in the wild. It's better odds than winning the Mega Millions Lottery which is like 1 in 150 million.

It all depends on how many 69-S doubled dies were created. Anyone have a reasonable estimate?
 
Good stategy found my first v nickel like that.Pure genius I'm gonna start whinin like a whipped pup!Gotta work!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom