What's new

"AT" On The AT GOLD Stands For Absolutely Terrific! Got Gold And Vintage

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
4,418
Reaction score
4,007
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
"AT" On The AT GOLD Stands For Absolutely Terrific! Got Gold And Vintage

autumjunk.jpg


I spent another day in the lake. It was cold, so I wore my chest waders. Here's the junk, just to prove I was trying to get some more gold before the deep freeze begins. :(

autumbest.jpg


Here's are the better finds. Gott to love those one and two dollar coins. They bring up the $$$ very quickly. :)

autumstjpg.jpg


My favorite find of the day wasn't the gold, but this vintage St. Christopher Medal. It still has the original pin for mounting on the back. Check out the car, the train, the boat and propeller. They dates the find quite well. :)

autumgoldbracelet.jpg


My bling finds. It's always nice to get some gold. Here's the 10K bracelet I dug up. And the item beside it looks like a snake (head broke off) and it's not gold. A nice nito though.

autumspinner.jpg


I love finding old fishing tackle. I have several various pieces which have come out of various lakes from the past 20 years. These are quite collectible and get a premium in ebay.

Anyone have any idea what these are? The look like shotgun shells, have wadding on the inside and a firing pin. I doubt anyone would want to fire a gun with a barrel which could support one of these.

That pretty well wraps up another day!
​
 

Attachments

  • autum shotgun shells.webp
    autum shotgun shells.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 345
Re: "AT" On The AT GOLD Stands For Absolutely Terrific! Got Gold And Vintage

Nice finds!

The bottom picture is of shot gun shells.
 
Re: "AT" On The AT GOLD Stands For Absolutely Terrific! Got Gold And Vintage

Very nice digs John!
 
Re: "AT" On The AT GOLD Stands For Absolutely Terrific! Got Gold And Vintage

I read an article once about market duck hunters back in the day that used huge shotguns that were like 4 or 6 gauge. They mounted them on boats and shot the ducks while they were swimming in the water. They could kill hundreds with one shot. I don't know what type of shell they used, but that may be what you found. I would have thought the brass casing would have been longer though. :dontknow:
 
Re: "AT" On The AT GOLD Stands For Absolutely Terrific! Got Gold And Vintage

Great finds...
The picture at bottom would be old flare gun shells..
 
Re: "AT" On The AT GOLD Stands For Absolutely Terrific! Got Gold And Vintage

I like the bottle cap that says "Beer",for some reason I think it's funny. :laughing9:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom