AT Pro, back in the water, silver religious medallion, and a War Nickle!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured I'd test the waters at my lake. I thought I'd only be able to go maybe up to my knees, but ended up to my neck. The water was nice. I found a couple old Nickles, 1941 and a silver 1945. I also found a sterling silver Saint Christopher medallion. Just had to throw gas on the fire, I love my AT Pro!

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad
20150510_162020.jpg 20150510_164417.jpg 20150510_180434.jpg 20150510_164506.jpg

Upvote 10

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent saves.

I've had my ATP in the water this year but I just couldn't get me to go up past the box. LOL Too scary! :)

You mean there are war nickels in the water too!?!? Man! They are EVERYwhere! Except one. ;)

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you back in!!
It had to be cold??
Nice going on the silvers.
That metal looks brand new. .
How were the blue gills? Lol

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job brad!, now that I have another machine, I will definitely be trying this water hunting stuff, perfect way to keep cool in the miserable heat!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not you too?!? Nice saves Brad. Jeez.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Woooh! AT Pro rocking it again!

War nicks are so sweet. Nice finds Brad

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the water!! Good hunt and hope to see more..:thumbsup:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent saves.

I've had my ATP in the water this year but I just couldn't get me to go up past the box. LOL Too scary! :)

You mean there are war nickels in the water too!?!? Man! They are EVERYwhere! Except one. ;)
ok so if I take mine in the water, all I need to do is put that screwcap over the headphone jack and that's enough?
I really want to do it but not destroy my backup machine in the process

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent saves.

Garrett backs up there machines, no need to worry. I was under water every day last summer, not one problem.

Glad to see you back in!!
It had to be cold??
Nice going on the silvers.
That metal looks brand new. .
How were the blue gills? Lol
A buddy of mine posted the water temps Sat., he said it was 71 degrees so I tried it in the lake. I did not have a thermometer but I was in the water about two or three hours. It was very comfortable. The blue gills are spawning, I have not gone under the pier, yet. I will be going under there eventually with a rake to push out about a foot or more of dirt from under the pier. There is more treasure under there. That medallion was one of the best shape I found so far. I found four other silver medallions and I believe that makes number four on the War nickels that I have found at the lake. (couple others on land)

Awesome job brad!, now that I have another machine, I will definitely be trying this water hunting stuff, perfect way to keep cool in the miserable heat!
Much nicer, lot easier.

Not you too?!? Nice saves Brad. Jeez.
Sorry about your luck Dave, they minted 119,408,100 of the 1945 P silver War Nickels, there has to be a few out there with your name on them! Good luck buddy!

Woooh! AT Pro rocking it again!

War nicks are so sweet. Nice finds Brad
Thanks bud.

ok so if I take mine in the water, all I need to do is put that screwcap over the headphone jack and that's enough?
I really want to do it but not destroy my backup machine in the process
Last spring I went in the ocean and had forgot to put that cover cap on. Two days later, machine was toast, I sent it in with no question or info as to how it happened and Garrett sent it back within 10 days. I have the amphibian Ghost headphones, they act as a theather and the machine floats, freeing up both hands for my scoop.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice Treb. Glad to see you back in the water! GL&HH

PS: I am refraining from making a war nickel comment about you know who... but it aint easy!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett backs up there machines, no need to worry. I was under water every day last summer, not one problem.

Oh I do know how good Garrett is about their support. But, any company has to draw a line somewhere. If your machine was off warranty for a couple years, would they still fix it? ;)

Last spring I went in the ocean and had forgot to put that cover cap on. Two days later, machine was toast, I sent it in with no question or info as to how it happened and Garrett sent it back within 10 days. I have the amphibian Ghost headphones, they act as a theather and the machine floats, freeing up both hands for my scoop.

So, if you have waterproof earphones, that also means the connections to the machine? To what "cover cap" are you referring?
I think I have a set of waterproof headphones coming. A friend of mine said he was making me a set.

I have added water hunting back as an option for myself. I haven't regretted the decision, (yet). ;)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ummm, say, Treb? Do you mean the battery compartment cover? What other cap is there? :icon_scratch:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver, silver everywhere! Congrats!
I see the "war nickel" challenge continues!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm, say, Treb? Do you mean the battery compartment cover? What other cap is there? :icon_scratch:

Cap for when headphones are not connected. last spring I didn't have the waterproof headphones yet so decided to try it with just the external speaker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread