Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! What up?

I've noticed myself lately out in the dark and although I hunt using good sound
and repeatable hits I still sometimes like to see the screen for just a little more info, ya know?
When I found that gold charm the other night it was dark and sure would have liked
to be able to see the screen.
Anyway, went to Home Depot today and got this light, the type you can wear around
your head, with a strap. Opened her up, did some soldering and drilling and came up with
this set up for some light! Just have to figure a way to mount it (Velcro) and it will
only be a temporary thing in case I do some water hunting I can quickly remove it.
Yeh, it adds a little weight but my night hunts don't usually last nearly as long as
my day hunts so I really don't care.
The button I had from a project back a few years but they are so cheap at Radio Shack anyway.
One push of the button turns on the bright light... Second push dims it a little bit and
the third push turns the light off.
I'll probably mount the button down near the grip and either close to my index finger or thumb.
I'll get a final phot or video when I come up with something!
The light is very durable, supposedly will take a 30' drop, is water proof and the 4 AAA batts last
a very long time. I'm thinking turning it on for only 6-7 sec. at a time to just check number
and pinpoint then off it goes...
Light costs $12...

Thanks for looking guys!

Pete

Attachments

• light2.jpeg
    light2.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 95
  • light1.jpeg
    light1.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 114
  • light4.jpeg
    light4.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 102
  • light3.jpeg
    light3.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 99
  • light5.jpeg
    light5.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
OP
OP
K

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The light on top of the unit looking down across the face and the button down
near the grip by my thumb or index finger to turn it on and off.
Velcro probably for quick removal...

Can ya Visualize it?

Pete

metal_detector.gif
Having a problem visualization where you are going to mount it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya send pics when finished curious on result

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,Pete! Where's the pictures? You have already proved it's NOT indestructible, as the package states!:thumbsup::laughing7: Just kidding ya!

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not finished yet but I will. Midnight shift keeps me in
bed most mornings. EEeghhhh hate it... LOL

Yeah,Pete! Where's the pictures? You have already proved it's NOT indestructible, as the package states!:thumbsup::laughing7: Just kidding ya!

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only hunt in daylight and when I do I wear a baseball cap and dark sun glasses, people like to stay away from the unabomber look a likes...Lolo.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only hunt in daylight and when I do I wear a baseball cap and dark sun glasses, people like to stay away from the unabomber look a likes...Lolo.

So thats y people think metal detectorists r weirdos haha

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can see it now! "Is this the police department" "Yes it is" "I want to report a strange light flickering on and off,and floating just above the beach" "What do you mean by strange light?" "It comes on bright,then turns dim,and just kinda hovers around for a while,then goes out,then it will light up again in a different spot,and do the same thing all over again" "We will send an officer out mam" "Hurry,I think it's aliens" "Ok,Mam":laughing7:

OP
OP
K

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHA
YOU NUT! But yeh really! Would look weird huh. LOL

Pete

I can see it now! "Is this the police department" "Yes it is" "I want to report a strange light flickering on and off,and floating just above the beach" "What do you mean by strange light?" "It comes on bright,then turns dim,and just kinda hovers around for a while,then goes out,then it will light up again in a different spot,and do the same thing all over again" "We will send an officer out mam" "Hurry,I think it's aliens" "Ok,Mam":laughing7:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll tell ya,a light really draws attention around here! I've night hunted twice,and had people come up to me both times,wanting to know what I was doing?

OP
OP
K

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And when you have the headphones on they can scare the ---- out of ya! LOL

I'll tell ya,a light really draws attention around here! I've night hunted twice,and had people come up to me both times,wanting to know what I was doing?

swingbot

Jan 27, 2012
central Ca.
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my back light.

so I was thinking the same thing and desided to just put lights on by headset. :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• l1.jpg
    l1.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 77
  • l2.jpg
    l2.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 110
  • l3.jpg
    l3.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 86
  • L-2.jpg
    L-2.jpg
    615.3 KB · Views: 92

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And when you have the headphones on they can scare the ---- out of ya! LOL
Yeah they do! I leave one ear muff off to the side most of the time. A set of those Grey Ghost "Rattlers" would work great for night hunting too!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so I was thinking the same thing and desided to just put lights on by headset. :icon_thumright:
Hey those are neat!:thumbsup: Might get them thinking a small plane is landing at the beach! Do they put out much light? I'd have e'm flashing,and really play with their minds!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread