At Pro Silver setting.

Hendrix.....that's a decent coin to ring ratio! My coin to ring (gold ring) ratio is much higher than yours, but I am hunting my own areas which don't likely contain many gold rings BUT....when ther IS a gold ring I'll be diggin' it 'cause I dig almost everything from 44 up. That said, 'yall know I have a ton of trash......I also get alot of coins AFTER I dig what was over top of that last signal! My areas have been "cherry-picked" too.
Paul of Penna

The mind game I commonly use with myself is to go to a "ring confidence" type site (beach) and hunt for pull tabs (mid range signals) and get a nice suprise every once in a blue moon when a large gold ring hits at something higher than 55-58. My buddy let me scan his three rings and one was 52, one 55 and one 70! The high one had silver mixed in with gold, and had a nice row of stoned on it! Anyway, they're few and far between so I just hunt pulltabs until my patience wears out, and then an hour more. This sometimes works out, but that's the way it goes.....if it were easy and cut-n-dried, everyone would be doin' it!
Paul of Penna

Rks I do the same settings a lot, I found by manually ground balancing -5 to -10 really helps with deeper targets and almost blows my headset off on shallow targets.

I don't have any count on rings vs tabs but I am sure it's at least 100 -1

Tell me.....just how many pull tabs will you dig for a gold coin or ring?
Paul of Penna
It might be better to save the pull tabs and turn them in for scrap. You'll probably be able to afford a gold ring that way first

It might be better to save the pull tabs and turn them in for scrap. You'll probably be able to afford a gold ring that way first

It's better to cherry pick Parks before your competitor's do, than fine tune afterwards. just my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back