What's new

AT Pro Sound Question

heymirth

Full Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2015
Messages
143
Reaction score
149
Golden Thread
0
Location
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the 4th time I've used it. I am operating in Pro Zero Mode- Iron at 40-- I ground balence in a clean spot and it comes up 75-80 which is low for my area, most places are 88-89.

No matter if it was sitting on the ground still, or while I was swinging it,, it would make all kinds of sputters, faint dings, and even with the iron audio off and iron set at 40, it would sound off on VDI number of 25-35. It sounded like a slot machine

I tried turning it off, factory reset and my cord is zip tied. This has never done this before

Whats up with all this noise?
 
Turn down the sensitivity.
 
Also, the batteries might be funky... Switch them out.
 
Sounds like interference, try changing channels if the sensitivity dosent help.

HH RN
 
I had that problem it was a bad coil. That's rare.. The other times this happened I fixed it by one of these procedures First make sure your coil is clean and there isn't any metal or anything embedded or stuck on the coil. Another suggestion would be to change the frequency depending where you are there could be interference from electric lines or someone using another device. Also as previously suggested turn down your sensitivity. Make sure your connectors don't have dirt in them if they were loose at some time that could also cause that. These are some of the suggestions kellyco gave me. This may seem crazy but something in your pocket or carrying your digging tool next to your coil line even steel toes on your boots just trying to help I know this can be very annoying it could also be a very very high Iron metal content area you were in.Hope this might help somehow Tommy
 
Thanks for all the suggestions. I turned down the sensitivity and forgot about frequency.

It's never acted like this. Maybe some Burried culvert metal pipe or the bank across the street. It's alarm messed with a radar detector/ phone signals in the past.

Thanks All
 
I had a similar issue with the cable connection at the coil. It was loose. I upgraded to the smaller search coil and the problem disappeared. Also, had to make sure the cable is snug around the shaft and doesnt move.
 
I had just got my shiny new At Pro...got it for xmas in 2014 and prayed every day for Spring...puttered around my yard for a couple days...and after several hours under my belt, I headed off to a friend's old farm...I started in the front yard and immediately had NO control of my machine...bloop, bleep, blop...etc etc...I changed batteries - same...tried balancing - same...after struggling for 45 minutes, the lady of the house sez..."should I turn off the invisible dog fence?"....DOH !!
 
Sounds like interferance from a radio wave ie cell tower ,try it in a differnt spot some distance away
 
I found the path of an electric cable to a pump that was running in a park I detect.That was exactly what mine was doing.but if I moved away from that area it was fine so probably electrical interference.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom